Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > voip-installation

voip-installation

Andre Gronwald

hello,
i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...

is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?

thanks a lot,
with friendly regards,
--
Andre Gronwald
PGP - 0x9CDEE439

Lucas Tam

Andre Gronwald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:38mlerF5s9vqvU1
@individual.net:

> i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
> standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
> me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
> gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
> routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
>
> is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?

Hmmm not sure if this will help you, but check http://www.audiocodes.com.
They have several devices which integrates Analog telephony into a VoIP
network.

--
Lucas Tam ((E-Mail Removed))

Ivor Jones

Andre Gronwald wrote:
> hello,
> i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am
> using standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway,
> which enables me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my
> search for such gateways i only found devices integrating a router.
> but for routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
>
> is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?
>
> thanks a lot,
> with friendly regards,

How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a
domestic or small business environment, take a look at www.sipura.com.

I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very well.

Ivor

Wiz-z-z

Andre, you may want to look into http://www.packet8.net . I just subscribed
to their service and installed their DTA310 adapter to attach my analogue
phones to my Belkin WiFi access point/router and not only did it practically
install itself, it works flawlessly. The DTA310 plugs into any Ethernet
router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The service
itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech expandable
cordless phone set to take advantage of all the new free features of Packet8
and all get along famously with my 802.11g WiFi network. Cheers, Wizzzer

"Andre Gronwald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
> i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
> standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
> me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
> gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
> routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
>
> is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?
>
> thanks a lot,
> with friendly regards,
> --
> Andre Gronwald
> (E-Mail Removed)
> PGP - 0x9CDEE439

Sergio Meinardi

Mediatrix (www.mediatrix.com)

--
Sergio Meinardi
AIP # 2271 http://www.aipnet.it

Andre Gronwald

Ivor Jones wrote:
> How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a

2 phones at the moment, they are connected to a telephone-system
(t-concept xi-521)

> domestic or small business environment, take a look at www.sipura.com.
> I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very well.

sipura is known by me, i read something of their products. the 3000
seems to support the telephone-system. do you know something about that?

with kindly regards,
--
Andre Gronwald
(E-Mail Removed)

Andre Gronwald

Wiz-z-z wrote:
> router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The service
> itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech expandable

well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this service...

--
Andre Gronwald
(E-Mail Removed)

Ivor Jones

"Andre Gronwald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Wiz-z-z wrote:
>> router port on one site and a RJ11 phone jack on the other. The
>> service
>> itself is a real bargain at $19.95/mo. I decided to buy a Vtech
>> expandable

> well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this
> service...

If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in
Dusseldorf. Their German site is www.sipgate.de. I've been using their UK
service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

Ivor

Andre Gronwald

Ivor Jones wrote:
>>well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this
>>service...

> If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in
> Dusseldorf. Their German site is www.sipgate.de. I've been using their UK
> service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

i have already an account at sipgate, it looks very fine. that is the
cause why i need hardware for using voip efficiently...

--
Andre Gronwald
(E-Mail Removed)

Ivor Jones

"Andre Gronwald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Ivor Jones wrote:
>>>well, i am living in germany, i guess i won't be able to use this
>>>service...

>> If you're in Germany, take a look at Sipgate - they are based in
>> Dusseldorf. Their German site is www.sipgate.de. I've been using their
>> UK
>> service for a few months now and I am very impressed.

> i have already an account at sipgate, it looks very fine. that is the
> cause why i need hardware for using voip efficiently...

Ok, well I don't know the Sipura 3000 you mentioned personally, but
looking at it on the website I see it only has a single phone port,
whereas the 2000 that I have has two. If a single port is sufficient for
you then go ahead, but I'd prefer the flexibility of adding a second phone
without buying a second device..!

The 3000 does have additional features like automatic call routing but I
don't have a need for this.

All the best,

Ivor