Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > voip-installation

Reply
Thread Tools

voip-installation

 
 
sTj
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-09-2005
Lucas Tam wrote:
> Andre Gronwald <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:38mlerF5s9vqvU1
> @individual.net:
>
>
>>i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
>>standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
>>me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
>>gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
>>routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
>>
>>is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?

>
>
> Hmmm not sure if this will help you, but check http://www.audiocodes.com.
> They have several devices which integrates Analog telephony into a VoIP
> network.
>

The newer MediaTrix VoIP ATA does IP Passthrough out of the box so may
be closer to what you're looking for. It will pass your public IP back
to the router and continue to chug on like a champ on the VoIP side of
things. Keep in mind that any device you find, so long as it's in front
of your Linksys, is going to take priority over port 5060 and whichever
RTP ports are being used to send the voice data.
Other than that, if you can find a similar device that will strictly
passthrough the public IP then I think you might achieve what you want.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Enzo Michelangeli
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2005
"Andre Gronwald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> > How many phones..? Which VoIP service..? For one or two phones in a

>
> 2 phones at the moment, they are connected to a telephone-system
> (t-concept xi-521)
>
> > domestic or small business environment, take a look at www.sipura.com.
> > I use the SPA-2000 unit which has two analogue ports and works very

well.
>
> sipura is known by me, i read something of their products. the 3000
> seems to support the telephone-system. do you know something about that?


In the 3000 one FXS port is replaced by an FXO port, so that the device
can work as VoIP <->PSTN gateway. For more details see
http://sipura.com/support/spa3000faq/ and the user guide at
http://sipura.com/Documents/SipuraSP...uidev2.0.9.pdf (which also
covers the 2000 and other models).

Enzo

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Gronwald
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-10-2005
thx a lot!

Ivor Jones wrote:
> looking at it on the website I see it only has a single phone port,
> whereas the 2000 that I have has two. If a single port is sufficient for
> you then go ahead, but I'd prefer the flexibility of adding a second phone
> without buying a second device..!
> The 3000 does have additional features like automatic call routing but I
> don't have a need for this.


--
Andre Gronwald
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
PGP - 0x9CDEE439
 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Gronwald
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-16-2005

sTj wrote:
> The newer MediaTrix VoIP ATA does IP Passthrough out of the box so may
> be closer to what you're looking for. It will pass your public IP back


you are totally right!
thx for your answer!

--
Andre Gronwald
(E-Mail Removed)
PGP - 0x9CDEE439
 
Reply With Quote
 
Marc H.Popek
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-20-2005
These items move very quickly!

they are here now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1730&ssPageNam
e=STRK:MESE:IT

"Marc H.Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
> They are moving so fast and perform well .. One of the larger re-sellers
> has pointed out a feature that I had not mentioned before:
>
> "As the CLT unit is self powered from the Phone line, there is no path for
> hum and noise to be picked up from the use of wall mounted transformers

and
> plug in the wall powered units"
>
> This is true
> ...
> CLT provides the quietest switch in the industry and a real-world solution
> for conveniently joining your voip and POTS service into a single
> point...the CLT...surge protected to protect your equipment and easy to

use
>
>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3520&ssPageNam
> e=STRK:MESE:IT
>
>
>
>
> "Marc H.Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:...
> > They are moving so fast and perform well .. One of the larger

re-sellers
> > has pointed out a feature that I had not mentioned before:
> >
> > "As the CLT unit is self powered from the Phone line, there is no path

for
> > hum and noise to be picked up from the use of wall mounted transformers

> and
> > plug in the wall powered units"
> >
> > This is true
> > ...
> > CLT provides the quietest switch in the industry and a real-world

solution
> > for convienently joining your voip and POTS service into a single
> > point...the CLT...surge protected to protect your equipment and easy to

> use
> >
> >

>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...3677&ssPageNam
> > e=STRK:MESE:IT
> >
> > "Marc H.Popek" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:I4UQd.226682$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Now you can join your low cost VOIP port and your local pstn port into

a
> > > single port, automatically! The combine-a-line device combine two

> > telephone
> > > port and auto routes them to your favorite single line Telco gear.

Some
> > use
> > > it too make single line phone operate on two phone lines, other join

> voip
> > > and pstn.
> > >
> > > In all cases, no power supply is needed so your desktop clutter is

> > reduced!,
> > > all port are surge protected to prevent damage to all of your

equipment.
> > No
> > > programming, and installation is easy.
> > >
> > > Buy direct from manufacturer/master distributor at
> > >
> > >

> >

>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...9078&ssPageNam
> > > e=STRK:MESE:IT
> > >
> > > Hurry these move fast!
> > >
> > > Marco
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



"Andre Gronwald" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello,
> i am going to migrate my telephony to voip - at the moment i am using
> standard isdn. therefor i am looking for a voip-gateway, which enables
> me to plug-in standard analogue telephones. on my search for such
> gateways i only found devices integrating a router. but for
> routing-purposes i want to use my wrt54g furthermore...
>
> is that possible without problems? can you recommend any hardware?
>
> thanks a lot,
> with friendly regards,
> --
> Andre Gronwald
> (E-Mail Removed)
> PGP - 0x9CDEE439



 
Reply With Quote
 
John Harper
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-10-2005
I live in McAllen, Texas, USA. Vonage and Lingo cannot yet offer a
local toll free number, so it was important that my SBC number be
ported. Packet8 could not only port my SBC number, but they offered a
local temparary number that could be called from the McAllen area toll
free. I ruled out RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) by price alone
($39.95/month).

I signed up with Packet8 on March 7, 2005 at $19.95/month. I faxed my
application to have my SBC number ported to my Packet8 account on March
8, 2005. I received my Packet8 device, hooked it up, and activated it
on March 17, 2005. My old SBC phone number was ported on April 8, 2005.
The transfer was almost seamless (a phone call to Packet when my SBC
service was terminated.

So far, everything seems to be working as advertised. Call forwarding,
Call waiting, Caller ID, Voicemail, Etc. Also, my use history is
available on the Packet8 site and is impacted within 10 seconds of my
hanging up the phone.

Quality of the voice is as good as my experience with SBC. I wear
hearing aids and voice quality is important.

So far, so good. Time will tell..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Mitel Lurker
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2005
And tell us please, what happens if you need to dial 9-1-1 ??
On the off chance that you haven't made a "test" call, I certainly would
recommend doing so.

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> "John
Harper" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

>I live in McAllen, Texas, USA. Vonage and Lingo cannot yet offer a
>local toll free number, so it was important that my SBC number be
>ported. Packet8 could not only port my SBC number, but they offered a
>local temparary number that could be called from the McAllen area toll
>free. I ruled out RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) by price alone
>($39.95/month).
>
>I signed up with Packet8 on March 7, 2005 at $19.95/month. I faxed my
>application to have my SBC number ported to my Packet8 account on March
>8, 2005. I received my Packet8 device, hooked it up, and activated it
>on March 17, 2005. My old SBC phone number was ported on April 8, 2005.
>The transfer was almost seamless (a phone call to Packet when my SBC
>service was terminated.
>
>So far, everything seems to be working as advertised. Call forwarding,
>Call waiting, Caller ID, Voicemail, Etc. Also, my use history is
>available on the Packet8 site and is impacted within 10 seconds of my
>hanging up the phone.
>
>Quality of the voice is as good as my experience with SBC. I wear
>hearing aids and voice quality is important.
>
>So far, so good. Time will tell..


 
Reply With Quote
 
Carl Navarro
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      04-11-2005
On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 19:47:10 -0500, Mitel Lurker
<wdg@[206.180.145.133] wrote:

>And tell us please, what happens if you need to dial 9-1-1 ??
>On the off chance that you haven't made a "test" call, I certainly would
>recommend doing so.


You can opt to subscribe to Packet8's E-911 service. $3/month.

Carl Navarro



>In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com> "John
>Harper" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
>>I live in McAllen, Texas, USA. Vonage and Lingo cannot yet offer a
>>local toll free number, so it was important that my SBC number be
>>ported. Packet8 could not only port my SBC number, but they offered a
>>local temparary number that could be called from the McAllen area toll
>>free. I ruled out RoadRunner (Time Warner Cable) by price alone
>>($39.95/month).
>>
>>I signed up with Packet8 on March 7, 2005 at $19.95/month. I faxed my
>>application to have my SBC number ported to my Packet8 account on March
>>8, 2005. I received my Packet8 device, hooked it up, and activated it
>>on March 17, 2005. My old SBC phone number was ported on April 8, 2005.
>>The transfer was almost seamless (a phone call to Packet when my SBC
>>service was terminated.
>>
>>So far, everything seems to be working as advertised. Call forwarding,
>>Call waiting, Caller ID, Voicemail, Etc. Also, my use history is
>>available on the Packet8 site and is impacted within 10 seconds of my
>>hanging up the phone.
>>
>>Quality of the voice is as good as my experience with SBC. I wear
>>hearing aids and voice quality is important.
>>
>>So far, so good. Time will tell..


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Advertisments