Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Any service with unlimited calling within US to use from Europe

Any service with unlimited calling within US to use from Europe

jarekknapik@gmail.com

Hi,

I am looking for any reliable service that I offers unlimited US and I
can use it from Europe,

and there will be no problem with blocking IP etc...

anyone had any experiences

Regards

JK

Keithd

Hello,

Here is an Internet Phone Service that you may be
interested in. 3WTel. Their VoIP software is very secure,
and they offer a free 7 day trial.

http://www.free-internet-phone-service.com

There VoIP service will work on broadband,
dial up, satellite or wireless connection.

Keithd

Hello,

Here is an Internet Phone Service that you may be
interested in. 3WTel. Their VoIP software is very secure,
and they offer a free 7 day trial.

http://www.free-internet-phone-service.com

There VoIP service will work on broadband,
dial up, satellite or wireless connection.

Miguel Cruz

Keithd <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Here is an Internet Phone Service that you may be
> interested in. 3WTel. Their VoIP software is very secure,
> and they offer a free 7 day trial.
>
> http://www.free-internet-phone-service.com

If I am going to use a closed-source, non-standards-compliant proprietary
system that requires my computer to be turned on, why wouldn't I use Skype
instead?

Skype is free instead of $5/month.

Skype has cheaper rates for calls to "real" phones.

Skype is cross-platform, so it's available to Mac and Linux users.

Skype has much wider distribution, so people I want to talk with are less
likely to have to download and install some new piece of mysterious
software.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 35 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu
Latest photos: Malaysia, Israel, Palestine, Austria, Thailand

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) writes:
> If I am going to use a closed-source, non-standards-compliant proprietary
> system that requires my computer to be turned on, why wouldn't I use Skype
> instead?

Personally, I'm going to stick to auditable open-source code.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/index.php?p=98

-wolfgang

Keithd

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) writes:
> > If I am going to use a closed-source, non-standards-compliant

proprietary
> > system that requires my computer to be turned on, why wouldn't I

use Skype
> > instead?

> Personally, I'm going to stick to auditable open-source code.
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/ip-telephony/index.php?p=98
>
> -wolfgang

Thanks wolfgang,

Its sad how many poor unknowing people get taken from software venders
just because they think they are getting something for free.

IF anyone takes the time to read the link above they will see first
hand that there is no such thing as a free ride.

They end up paying one way or another.

Five lousy dollars a month for the quality that 3Wtel provides, and the

security it offers has been money well spent.

Open source code is another name for Hackers enter here...

I just love this post put up by someone else....

I like to make this anaolgy to my customers: You hear about this great
group that lets you join to get free gasoline for your car. They have
developed a system to get gas from a pump without paying for it. You
are excited, finally something for free that you really need. So you
fill up your tank with the free gas. Well, what you didn't know was
that while your tank was being filled, your plugs were getting fouled,
your fuel injectors had been plugged, your timing had been changed, and
your tired had been deflated. So you hop in your car with your free
full tank of gas and head down the road. But after a few days of
driving, you notice your car no longer has any pep, it begins to stall,
and other strange things begin to occur. So you take it to your local
garage and get it tuned up and all the problems fixed. You grudgingly
pay the repairman $500 for all the work he had to perform and complain
that you only paid $2000 for the car to begin with. But your car is now
running fine again. That tank of gas just cost you $500, a few days at
the service station, and you couldn't get to where you waanted to go
for those few days. But it was all worth it because you got a
"free" tank of gas. I like to make this anaolgy to my customers:

"Keithd" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
> Its sad how many poor unknowing people get taken from software venders
> just because they think they are getting something for free.

Free is not the same as open.

The good kind of free is the collaborative effort of hundreds of
people that together put out a product you couldn't buy for money if
you wanted to. It is a bit like the difference some 9-to-5er at
jiffy-lube changing your oil and over-torquing the drain plug because
he simply doesn't care, and some automobile enthusiast that cares
about some fine restored automobile carefully doing everything just
right.

Free and open software is written by enthusiasts for *themselves*
because they need that software. It might be freely given to other
folks, but that is not the main point. The point is that the good
stuff is done with a much higher standard because they want it for
themselves.

> IF anyone takes the time to read the link above they will see first
> hand that there is no such thing as a free ride.
> They end up paying one way or another.
> Five lousy dollars a month for the quality that 3Wtel provides, and the
> security it offers has been money well spent.

Why? Is their stuff open? I've never heard of them.

> Open source code is another name for Hackers enter here...

Ahem.

Paying money in and of itself doesn't guarantee any sort of code
quality or freedom from trojans. You have only to look as far as
Microsoft and their various slip-shot offerings and their virus/worms
of the week. Unless the code is open for inspection and determined to
be of high quality one is only inviting trouble.

-wolfgang

Registered User

On 13 Mar 2005 21:04:12 -0800, "Keithd"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Here is an Internet Phone Service that you may be
>interested in. 3WTel. Their VoIP software is very secure,
>and they offer a free 7 day trial.
>
>http://www.free-internet-phone-service.com
>
>There VoIP service will work on broadband,
>dial up, satellite or wireless connection.

Check out www.rocketvoip.com
Unlimited calling to over 50 countries for $24.95 a month