Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Vonage no dial tone

Vonage no dial tone

chuchubi@gmail.com

Hi,

I am trying to connect my vonage adaptor ( linksys)
I can connect to the internet but I dont get a dialtone. THe lights on
the adaptor are as follows: Power solid green, Ethernet port 1 blinks
when there is internet activity, phone 1& 2 come on about every 30
seconds and blink once( both of them at the same time), internet light
blinks rapidly on and off.
I have left many emails at vonage but till now no response. I am
connecting thru a motorola surfboard modem.

Please respond to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

I appreicate the help

Victor

BradReeseCom

Hi Victor,

You may want to investigate the Vonage Knowledge Base:

http://www.vonage.com/help_knowledge...php?category=0

When you need to speak to a LIVE person at Vonage always call between
1:00AM and 6:00AM EST.

732-650-6699

You will get a LIVE person immediately between those times.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide
United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294
U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680
International: 828-277-7272
Fax: 775-254-3558
Website: http://www.bradreese.com/cisco-big-iron-repair.htm

Rick Merrill

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect my vonage adaptor ( linksys)
> I can connect to the internet but I dont get a dialtone. THe lights on
> the adaptor are as follows: Power solid green, Ethernet port 1 blinks
> when there is internet activity, phone 1& 2 come on about every 30
> seconds and blink once( both of them at the same time), internet light
> blinks rapidly on and off.
> I have left many emails at vonage but till now no response. I am
> connecting thru a motorola surfboard modem.

Do you have a router? Do you have 1 and only 1 phone currently
connected to the Adaptor?

Stanley Reynolds

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to connect my vonage adaptor ( linksys)
> > I can connect to the internet but I dont get a dialtone. THe lights on
> > the adaptor are as follows: Power solid green, Ethernet port 1 blinks
> > when there is internet activity, phone 1& 2 come on about every 30
> > seconds and blink once( both of them at the same time), internet light
> > blinks rapidly on and off.
> > I have left many emails at vonage but till now no response. I am
> > connecting thru a motorola surfboard modem.

> Do you have a router? Do you have 1 and only 1 phone currently
> connected to the Adaptor?

Is the modem connected to your computer via a USB cable or ethernet ? Are
you using a Linksys RT31P2 router / phone adapter ? Does the modem connect
to the phone adapter wan port and then your computer ? Which Cable Company
are you connected to ?

Jim Holcomb

fyi, there is a lot of useful information at www.vonage-forum.com

Jim

In article <(E-Mail Removed) .com>,
(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to connect my vonage adaptor ( linksys)
> I can connect to the internet but I dont get a dialtone. THe lights on
> the adaptor are as follows: Power solid green, Ethernet port 1 blinks
> when there is internet activity, phone 1& 2 come on about every 30
> seconds and blink once( both of them at the same time), internet light
> blinks rapidly on and off.
> I have left many emails at vonage but till now no response. I am
> connecting thru a motorola surfboard modem.
>
> Please respond to (E-Mail Removed)
>
> I appreicate the help
>
> Victor

theleeper

Most likely they (Vonage) do not have your router in their database.
You will need to call them and have them add it in. I had the same
problem when my original router went up in smoke. I went to circuit
city, bought a new one and hooked it up and 'no dialtone'. I called
them, they changed their database to point my number from my old router
to the new and BOOM, dialtone in about 5 minutes (after a reset).....

Should not be a big deal.... My Vonage service has been great so far
after about 8 months..

konrad.haskins@gmail.com

After I added a linksys wrt54g router and made the changes in the
vonage owners manual and the quality of service changes on the Linksys
website service has been great.

Vonage No-Dial Tone for 7 Hours Naila VOIP 2 11-01-2007 07:34 PM
Not able to get dail tone for phone with Vonage VOIP nite_flite VOIP 0 12-13-2005 11:09 PM
Vonage with a dial tone? beck767 VOIP 2 10-05-2004 09:23 PM
Re: Vonage with a dial tone? Mark VOIP 0 10-05-2004 04:33 AM
Cisco 2600 E1 ISDN PRI Voice Problem . Dial tone does not stop after DTMF Reza Cisco 0 04-22-2004 07:16 AM

Advertisments