Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Babble trouble ?

Babble trouble ?

Martin²

Can't make any calls, it times out.
Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
Regards,
Martin

Rick Merrill

Martin² wrote:
> Can't make any calls, it times out.
> Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
> Regards,
> Martin

And that was apropos of what, exactly?

Martin²

Martin² wrote:
>> Can't make any calls, it times out.
>> Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
>> Regards,
>> Martin

Rick:
>And that was apropos of what, exactly?

babble.net , UK VoIP provider, ceased to function...
Regards,
Martin

Rick Merrill

Martin² wrote:
> Martin² wrote:
>
>>>Can't make any calls, it times out.
>>>Does it still work for anyone, or do you need credit now ?
>>>Regards,
>>>Martin

> Rick:
>
>>And that was apropos of what, exactly?

> babble.net , UK VoIP provider, ceased to function...
> Regards,
> Martin

Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

- RM
(using ATT's CallVantage in MA, USA)

Martin²

>Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
>receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me.
Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my email
from 19th December !
Regards,
Martin

Rick Merrill

Martin² wrote:
>>Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
>>receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

> The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me.
> Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my email
> from 19th December !
> Regards,
> Martin

Have you power cycled your phone?

Ian

"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:420810d2$0$22570$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >Interesting: you're saying that the VoIP service would neither send nor
> >receive calls (SIP?) yet the internet connection continued to work fine.

> The Babble VoIP server is either not working or not recognising me.
> Coincidentally I have today received a reply from Babble Support to my

email
> from 19th December !
> Regards,
> Martin

I had an email befor Xmas saying that to make calls will require credit. But
personally I never used the service as it was far too unreliable to be used.
Also it was obvious from their parent website that the business model was
unsustainable and they hoped tpo get users then churn them onto being paying
customers. The free calls was a good viral method of getting users. It would
be intersting where the first email came from..

Ian

Martin²

As of today, instead of just timing out, I get a message 'Please obtain
credit...', even for 0800 number !
They did say free calls to zone 1 will continue "well in to 2005", I never
got an email from them announcing the change
and their softphone doesn't work (I use X-lite), so I am not impressed.

So, now you can pay 1p / min for zone 1 calls, or pay £5 p / month and get
1000 min *FREE*, which is not a bad price,
but I don't need even 500 min's so I won't subscribe.
I will stick with sipgate, slightly more expensive - 1.12p / min, but with a
free geographical number.
Regards,
Martin

babble.net problem Anthony Thornton UK VOIP 1 11-10-2006 10:05 PM
babble and a@h Martin Lukasik UK VOIP 1 12-16-2005 10:43 AM
Experience with babble.net ? Martin Maurer UK VOIP 1 12-12-2005 01:35 AM
Babble.Net Andrian Geheuer VOIP 4 01-05-2005 04:08 AM
Babble and x-lite Aglians VOIP 2 12-06-2004 05:30 PM

Advertisments