Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Impresions on Net2Phone thru Communitech

Impresions on Net2Phone thru Communitech

Heywood

Just thought I would share some info on Net2phone using Communitech
www.communitech.com

Ist off forget there free softphone from Net2phone itself.....poor
quality.

However I purchased an IPPhone ( Made by D-Link and locked to
net2phone) from communitech (fully featured phone for $139 including
$20 service credit) It has handsfree dialing, memory dial, hold etc.
It will even give you your account balance. I had the original
firmware but recently upgraded to a newer version thru the phone
itself (an option on the menu). The new firmware increased the quality
to pretty much landline quality most of the time.

Anyway...no minimum monthly fees, you simply purchase time from
Communitech and then draw from it like a calling card. The cost is 2.5
cents per minute in the US and comparable costs internationally.
Cheapest amount of time to buy is $25...Since I am only an occasional
user, it goes a long way!

If you do not need virtual Phone numbers etc...Communitec's Net2phone
is pretty good and less demanding on your wallet and no contracts..I
do not work for either company BTW.

One thing to be careful of. If you buy time from Net2phone itself, it
cannot be used with the communitech hardware and vice versa....Wierd
but that is the way it works!

jeff