Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > 2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..?

Reply
Thread Tools

2 Sipgate numbers behind one router..?

 
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-20-2005

Anyone know how to set up two Sipgate accounts behind a single router..? I
currently have a Grandstream ATA-486 running behind a Netgear DM602
modem/router and I'd like to add a second account. Initially I'd like to
get this working on X-Lite, but if I can do this ok I'd maybe invest in
either a second ATA-486 or a 2-port device such as one of the Sipura
range.

Can anyone advise me of the correct settings to allow X-Lite to function
in this way..? I tried the default settings but it wouldn't log on and
although I can originate calls from the second account it won't respond to
incoming calls (returns busy tone) and shows as offline on the Sipgate
site.

I have emailed Sipgate but while waiting for a response I thought I'd ask
here.

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Martin²
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
Sipgate state somewhere that they don't support it.

As I can figure out, both 'lines' come via the same port and there is no way
to program the router to which phone (IP)
to forward the call.
Draytek 2600V routers have two VoIP ports, but AFAIK at the moment they
can't handle two 'lines', although
Draytek is hinting it will be possible with a later firmware. Not sure just
how they propose to do it.
Regards,
Martin


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41f061ff$0$28978$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sipgate state somewhere that they don't support it.
>
> As I can figure out, both 'lines' come via the same port and there is no

way
> to program the router to which phone (IP)
> to forward the call.
> Draytek 2600V routers have two VoIP ports, but AFAIK at the moment they
> can't handle two 'lines', although
> Draytek is hinting it will be possible with a later firmware. Not sure

just
> how they propose to do it.
> Regards,
> Martin
>

So what does the other port do on the Draytek?
Dave..

 
Reply With Quote
 
Julian Thornhill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005

"Ivor Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:csp9sa$vgp$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> Anyone know how to set up two Sipgate accounts behind a single router..? I
> currently have a Grandstream ATA-486 running behind a Netgear DM602
> modem/router and I'd like to add a second account. Initially I'd like to
> get this working on X-Lite, but if I can do this ok I'd maybe invest in
> either a second ATA-486 or a 2-port device such as one of the Sipura
> range.
>


BT-101: How do I configure two or more SIP terminals in a network? (Content
Overview: )

In order to allow two SIP terminals on a network to operate behind one
router, you must make the following configuration changes.

Configuration of the IP devices
Reconfigure the DHCP mode and assign a static IP address to both devices.

Call the IP address of a device in the browser.

The devices are pre-configured on the following ports:


a.. Listen SIP Port: 5060


a.. Listen RTP Port: 5004


Make the following changes on one of your SIP devices:


a.. Listen SIP Port: 5061


a.. Listen RTP Port: 5005


Click on "Update" in order to make the changes take effect.

Configuring the router
Adjust the router to forward ports 5061 and 5005 to the IP of the equipment,
in the configurations menu in which you made the changes! i.e.-Your router.

If you want to use more than two IP devices in a network, using one router,
proceed as described above, but number those ports sequentially in the
configuration menu of the device.

Configure these ports to route traffic the same way. For a third IP device
for example:


a.. Listen SIP Port: 5062


a.. Listen RTP Port: 5006




 
Reply With Quote
 
Jonathan Pearson
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
Ivor Jones wrote:
> Can anyone advise me of the correct settings to allow X-Lite to
> function in this way..? I tried the default settings but it wouldn't
> log on and although I can originate calls from the second account it
> won't respond to incoming calls (returns busy tone) and shows as
> offline on the Sipgate site.
>
> I have emailed Sipgate but while waiting for a response I thought I'd
> ask here.


When I was having problems with the ATA-486 displaying the CLI (still an
only found 1 phone which will display the CLI: BT Synergy DECT), I checked
the use random port on the ATA config (rather than the default 5060, 5004) -
it still worked, as the use random port option is for your exact case maybe
you could give it a go!

Jon


 
Reply With Quote
 
John Geddes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
Sipura 2000 should be able to do this - the device has one IP address and
two ports for POTS phones (with separate setup parameters). My presumption
was that the Sipgate warning to use just one phone came from the fact that
they do not supply two-phone adapters themselves, and that it is a one-IP
restriction rather than a one-phone restriction.

But I have not made my Sipura 2000 work yet - my Netgear RP614 (v2) router
is rather crude in Port-Forwarding options, and won't work even with xLite.
I am yet to identify an affordable non-wifi router that will work well with
Sipgate and the Sipura. (Suggestions welcome).

John Geddes
Derbyshire UK

"Martin²" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:41f061ff$0$28978$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sipgate state somewhere that they don't support it.
>
> As I can figure out, both 'lines' come via the same port and there is no
> way to program the router to which phone (IP)
> to forward the call.
> Draytek 2600V routers have two VoIP ports, but AFAIK at the moment they
> can't handle two 'lines', although
> Draytek is hinting it will be possible with a later firmware. Not sure
> just how they propose to do it.
> Regards,
> Martin
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
sean
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
The cisco ATA 186 can do this, mine does do this

and the two numbers are very similer
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005

"John Geddes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sipura 2000 should be able to do this - the device has one IP address
> and two ports for POTS phones (with separate setup parameters). My
> presumption was that the Sipgate warning to use just one phone came from
> the fact that they do not supply two-phone adapters themselves, and that
> it is a one-IP restriction rather than a one-phone restriction.
>
> But I have not made my Sipura 2000 work yet - my Netgear RP614 (v2)
> router is rather crude in Port-Forwarding options, and won't work even
> with xLite. I am yet to identify an affordable non-wifi router that will
> work well with Sipgate and the Sipura. (Suggestions welcome).


As I said, I'm using a Netgear DM602 modem/router (single port, connected
to external hub) and it works fine with my Grandstream ATA-486. Don't want
to spend more money on something like the Sipura until I *know* it's going
to work..!

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave Gill
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
Jonathan Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> When I was having problems with the ATA-486 displaying the CLI (still an
> only found 1 phone which will display the CLI: BT Synergy DECT), I checked
> the use random port on the ATA config (rather than the default 5060, 5004) -
> it still worked, as the use random port option is for your exact case maybe
> you could give it a go!


I found that my tatty old Siemens-built BT Dect displays CLI fine, but
needs a ring capacitor to make it ring, while my newer Sagem-built BT
Dect won't display CLI but doesn't need the ring capacitor...

Fortunately Sipgate supplied an adapter with a ring capacitor with the
ATA-486.

--
The From address is a spam-trap, so all replies to the newsgroup please.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Be Alert, Your Country Needs More Lerts! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ivor Jones
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      01-21-2005
Dave Gill wrote:
> Jonathan Pearson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> When I was having problems with the ATA-486 displaying the CLI
>> (still an only found 1 phone which will display the CLI: BT
>> Synergy DECT), I checked the use random port on the ATA config
>> (rather than the default 5060, 5004) - it still worked, as the use
>> random port option is for your exact case maybe you could give it
>> a go!

>
> I found that my tatty old Siemens-built BT Dect displays CLI fine,
> but needs a ring capacitor to make it ring, while my newer
> Sagem-built BT Dect won't display CLI but doesn't need the ring
> capacitor...
>
> Fortunately Sipgate supplied an adapter with a ring capacitor with
> the ATA-486.


I never got one of those, I had to get one from Maplins..!

BTW re. the original post, I finally got it working, by fiddling with the
port numbers on X-Lite and in the router, but succeeded in locking up both
the router and the ATA-486..!

Methinks this project requires some more thought..!

Ivor


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Linksys PAP2 behind PBX - Sipgate Stephen Oliver UK VOIP 0 09-25-2006 12:58 PM
Sipgate Numbers John DH UK VOIP 1 09-18-2005 01:27 PM
Sipgate: dialing another sipgate number Stuart Millington UK VOIP 8 06-14-2005 05:25 PM
Sipgate - two numbers on same account ? Martin² UK VOIP 2 05-22-2005 02:46 AM
Sipgate can call mobiles, non-geographic numbers but not landlines... George UK VOIP 9 05-14-2005 07:07 PM



Advertisments