Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP for CANADIAN with DID's

VOIP for CANADIAN with DID's

I recently been using Babytel.ca great provider works great but I need
to call area codes that they charge $0.04 a min. I can not call outside
of say toronto and surrounding area like markem or ajax . (normaly
would be a local call if you have a POTS (normal line phone) with a area
code of 416. I can live with this for now. but when you see american
VOIP providers offering unlimited across north america and beyond and
asterisk friendly with like tons of features like busy forwarding you
really wounder.

Recently I tryed to join broadvoice. They are a well respected compan.
seem to have nice reviews. Since I have my own equipment and they
welcome it not limit me I emailed support.

Apparently I can get the service but i am in able to get a Canadian DID
(Direct inbound Dial) phone number. They have not expanded this far yet.
they even do not do toll free calls.

So Thats fine but they also do not accept canadian creidit cards... (ugh)

So my next hope is to get a american credit card (can I do this?!

now the toll free part thats no biggie , freeworld dial you can go get a
freenumber and dial *1800 whatever and it works. Thats so cool

I highly recommend everyone to publicly display there Free world Dial
numbers and to add them to there PBX as incoming and outgoing lines
cause its your way of saying screw the monopolies and embrace open source.

m.

so no one knows of a VOIP provider that has a 416 or tronto DID and has
busy forwarding.. with unlimited incoming calls?

Come on someone has to know one. i have been scouring the internet..
most places there sales staf no crap all and there emails take forever
to get responce from..

someone ?! know of a canadian friendly provider?
m wrote:
> I recently been using Babytel.ca great provider works great but I need
> to call area codes that they charge $0.04 a min. I can not call outside
> of say toronto and surrounding area like markem or ajax . (normaly
> would be a local call if you have a POTS (normal line phone) with a area
> code of 416. I can live with this for now. but when you see american
> VOIP providers offering unlimited across north america and beyond and
> asterisk friendly with like tons of features like busy forwarding you
> really wounder.
>
> Recently I tryed to join broadvoice. They are a well respected compan.
> seem to have nice reviews. Since I have my own equipment and they
> welcome it not limit me I emailed support.
>
> Apparently I can get the service but i am in able to get a Canadian DID
> (Direct inbound Dial) phone number. They have not expanded this far yet.
> they even do not do toll free calls.
>
> So Thats fine but they also do not accept canadian creidit cards... (ugh)
>
> So my next hope is to get a american credit card (can I do this?!
>
> now the toll free part thats no biggie , freeworld dial you can go get a
> freenumber and dial *1800 whatever and it works. Thats so cool
>

> I highly recommend everyone to publicly display there Free world Dial
> numbers and to add them to there PBX as incoming and outgoing lines
> cause its your way of saying screw the monopolies and embrace open source.
>
> m.

MAL123 MAL123 is offline
Junior Member

Babytel is absolutely amazing. I've been using it for a year now and the service is exceptional. The times i've had to contact their customer service to ask questions they've been very quick via email. The service has never gone down since i've been using it other then my ISP going down overnight once. As far as calling plans I myself have the 500 minutes anywhere in Canada and US with unlimited incoming because this is sufficient for me. If you need more I would recommend going with the Unlimited Canada and US plan for 30$, its well worth it and is still very much below the normal phone provider's price range when you think of all the features you get.