Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Talking software?

Talking software?

solo29@shaw.ca

Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
something like that?

I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.

Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
type of voice says it back.

Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?

My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

Pepperoni

Do a search for "voice disguise", you will get hundreds of hits.
http://www.audio4fun.com/faq_vcs.htm
http://www.downloadfreetrial.com/int...inte15335.html
http://ssm.seestorm.com/VoiceDisguise
http://www.snapfiles.com/get/voicemask.html

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
> something like that?
>
> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
>
> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
> type of voice says it back.
>
> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
>
> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

Dmitri

> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
> something like that?

> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.

> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
> type of voice says it back.

> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?

> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

If it is for anything other than pure fun, I would advise you to hire a
professional human voice talent instead. The artificial voices, although
greatly improved in recent years, still sound, well, artificial. Most of
the time they sound somewhat spooky because they normally luck
understanding of the human voice impression you want to show in your
little speech.

Hiring a voice talent these days is really not that expensive. There is a
fierce competition in the field, and prices dropped down dramatically.
Besides, everything is done over the Internet these days, and you can
easily have a (real) Australian accents, or British or anything else if
you like, and it will not sound fake. Google for "voice over" or "voice on
hold" or "message on hold", and you'll get dozens of companies, most of
which will take your typed-in text from an e-mail, record it and send it
back as MP3 or WAV or whatever you like.

Oh, BTW, the closest it gets to a real voice is AT&T Natural Voices (
http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/ ) These guys have always been on
the very top of the field, and they still are. Give them a try. It still
sometimes sound silly but that, again, in my opinion the closest it gets
to a real speech.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forum

Roman Zhovtulya

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
> something like that?
>
> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
>
> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
> type of voice says it back.
>
> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
>
> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

Check AT&T Labs (http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/). They have a very
impressive online demo. Should be enough for you.

Roman Zhovtulya

Roman Zhovtulya

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
> something like that?
>
> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
>
> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
> type of voice says it back.
>
> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
>
> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

Check this: http://www.research.att.com/projects/tts/demo.html
or this: http://www.naturalvoices.att.com/demos/

Rachael the Wiccan Rat

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
> something like that?
>
> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
>
> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
> type of voice says it back.
>
> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
>
> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

I'm a British woman who used to be a disc jockey - if you're not looking for
fantastic quality (I don't have any of my pro mikes anymore) I'll record you
a .wav file for free.

Rachael

solo29@shaw.ca

>> Does anyone know of any software that will speak what I type or
>> something like that?
>>
>> I want to record custom voice mail messages but I don't want my voice.
>>
>> Maybe a program that can change the voice to a woman or a British
>> accent....I type in what I want it to say and then I can choose what
>> type of voice says it back.
>>
>> Anyone know of something that will do that - freeware or not is ok?
>>
>> My own Austin Powers imitation isn't very good.

>I'm a British woman who used to be a disc jockey - if you're not looking for
>fantastic quality (I don't have any of my pro mikes anymore) I'll record you
>a .wav file for free.
>

>Rachael

Really? Can you email me?

Thanks!

[META] Talking about talking about C. Seebs C Programming 113 11-24-2010 08:57 AM
4 computers 2 not talking to each other Carol Wireless Networking 8 12-30-2005 06:11 PM
Netscreen-Remote client talking to Cisco VPN 3005? Road Rage Cisco 0 05-11-2005 03:26 PM
ATM links not talking polifemo Cisco 1 10-20-2003 02:28 PM
where can I find book/resources talking about DSP design using VHDL? walala VHDL 1 09-01-2003 09:54 AM

Advertisments