Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > newsgroups for Voip

newsgroups for Voip

totti

Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip
or I can find other newsgroups?

thank you

BlueRinse

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:31:07 +0200, totti wrote:

> Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip or I can find other newsgroups?

Hundreds on the web

Giacald

"BlueRinse" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel
messaggio news(E-Mail Removed) ...
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:31:07 +0200, totti wrote:
>
>> Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip or I can find other newsgroups?

> Hundreds on the web

newsgroups... not web

Dmitri\(Cabling-Design.com\)

"totti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote

> Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip
> or I can find other newsgroups?
>
> thank you

Yeap, this is the one
You may also find another one quite relevant: comp.dcom.telecom.tech

If you want to look few months back at the messages, we keep them archived
on our website:

comp.dcom.telecom.tech is at
http://www.cabling-design.com/forums/newsgroup14-.htm

comp.dcom.voice-over-ip is at
http://www.cabling-design.com/forums/newsgroup32-.htm

Happy browsing!

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

BlueRinse

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:01:16 +0200, Giacald wrote:

> newsgroups... not web

While I know perfectly well the difference between the two technologies, I
wonder why you want a newsgroup?

Many questions people come here to ask have been answered countless times
on countless websites and mailing lists. As a matter of fact, one rarely
sees anything "new" in this group if you monitor all the buzz on the voIP
web-based forums. Most general questions about SIP and asterisk can be
answered with a Google here and a wiki there... so why the newsgroups? And
don't forget the many RSS feeds.

hal@nospam.com

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 20:26:13 +0200, BlueRinse
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:01:16 +0200, Giacald wrote:
>
>> newsgroups... not web

>While I know perfectly well the difference between the two technologies, I
>wonder why you want a newsgroup?
>
>Many questions people come here to ask have been answered countless times
>on countless websites and mailing lists. As a matter of fact, one rarely
>sees anything "new" in this group if you monitor all the buzz on the voIP
>web-based forums. Most general questions about SIP and asterisk can be
>answered with a Google here and a wiki there... so why the newsgroups? And
>don't forget the many RSS feeds.

Newsgroups are vastly superior because you get to talk to the people
who are actually on the ground doing the real work and learning from
real experiences. Doing searches on web sites turns up far more
marketing crap than real tech experience. Search engines are only as
good as the link registration and the people who make sure they get
their links out are the ones motivated by high return on their
investment. The real information is usually buried deeply under the
crap, and the best way to cut through the crap is to get in the
newsgroups and talk to the people who have made it work.

Hal

GiJO

cool... thanks for that, handy to know!

--
Thanks
Andrew

Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com) wrote:
> "totti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote
>
>> Is this the unique newsgroup for Voip
>> or I can find other newsgroups?
>>
>> thank you

> Yeap, this is the one
> You may also find another one quite relevant: comp.dcom.telecom.tech
>
> If you want to look few months back at the messages, we keep them
> archived on our website:
>
> comp.dcom.telecom.tech is at
> http://www.cabling-design.com/forums/newsgroup14-.htm
>
> comp.dcom.voice-over-ip is at
> http://www.cabling-design.com/forums/newsgroup32-.htm
>
> Happy browsing!

Dmitri

GiJO wrote:

> cool... thanks for that, handy to know!

You are welcome! Please use it for what it's worth. It takes me a great
deal of time to keep up with spam cleaning, so I'd be glad if the system
can be useful to somebody.

Good luck!

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com
premises cabling users and pros
Residential Cabling Guide
-------------------------------------

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

Dmitri\(Cabling-Design.com\)

"GiJO" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:7Asfd.979$%(E-Mail Removed)...
> cool... thanks for that, handy to know!
>
> --
> Thanks
> Andrew

You are welcome! Please use it for what it's worth. It takes me a great deal
of time to keep up with spam cleaning, so I'd be glad if the system can be
useful to somebody.

Good luck!

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com
premises cabling users and pros
Residential Cabling Guide

Chris Blunt

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:01:16 +0200, Giacald wrote:
>
>> newsgroups... not web

>While I know perfectly well the difference between the two technologies, I
>wonder why you want a newsgroup?
>
>Many questions people come here to ask have been answered countless times
>on countless websites and mailing lists. As a matter of fact, one rarely
>sees anything "new" in this group if you monitor all the buzz on the voIP
>web-based forums. Most general questions about SIP and asterisk can be
>answered with a Google here and a wiki there... so why the newsgroups? And
>don't forget the many RSS feeds.

Everyone has their preferred way of reading discussions, but for me
the big advantage of newsgroups is that the client software available
make them far more manageable than web-based discussion forums.

I can easily scan the numerous groups I'm interested in, filter and
read only what I need and download everything in one go. Those
messages can then be read offline when its convenient. With web-based
forums you have to manually download and read each message
individually while online.

Chris