Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Re: How do I terminate a Skype call on a PBX?

Re: How do I terminate a Skype call on a PBX?

Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman

On 10/21/04 00:32, Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com) wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to make it possible for a person outside US to call an extension on
> our PBX. We have a PC that can run Skype 24/7, so the person would use
> their Skype client software to connect to Skype client that's running on
> that PC. Could anyone give me some pointers on what kind of
> equipment/software do I need to
>
> #1 auto answer the Skype call
> #2 generate a ring on an analog trunk
> #3 convert the sound between the soundcard output (44kHz stereo) and the
> analog trunk (3.1 KHz mono)
>
> BTW, I understand it's even more involved to make an outgoing call via
> Skype from our PBX, but if someone had ever accomplished such feat, I
> would love to hear about particulars! Please post your comments or
> suggestions here.

I have not tested, but I think your purpose can be solved by useing
sjphone and, or kphone over services provided by http://www.fwdnet.net/
(a freeworld dialup/forward service).

--
Dr Balwinder Singh Dheeman Registered Linux User: #229709
CLLO (Chief Linux Learning Officer) Machines: #168573, 170593, 259192