Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Boston: invitation to VoIP presentation

Boston: invitation to VoIP presentation

BOSTON NETWORK USERS GROUP

Of possible interest to those of you located in the greater Boston area:

BNUG: BOSTON NETWORK USERS GROUP
------------------------------------
OCTOBER MONTHLY MEETING

VOICE OVER I.P. (VoIP) NETWORKS
THE TECHNOLOGY OF INTERNET TELEPHONY

Join BNUG on Tuesday October 12 as we discuss the state-of-the-art Voice
over IP (VoIP) technologies and practices. Our discussion will begin with
a brief overview of the current state of telephony, then cover network
transformation, concentrating on the latest technology available to enable
Voice over IP. We'll cover technical considerations when implementing VoIP
solutions, including transport protocols supporting VoIP today, data network
preparedness, and voice quality considerations. The session will wrap up
with a Q-and-A session and live demonstrations of VoIP using Nortel Networks
VoIP equipment.

Whether you're new to this VoIP thing and want to learn what it's all about,
or you're an experienced VoIPer, you'll find this meeting informative,
exciting, and very useful. VoIP is here to stay; come learn about and see
for yourself the state of the industry.

The meeting will be held starting at 6:30pm (for munchies/networking; meeting
at 7pm) on October 12, 2004 at Nortel Networks' 600 Technology Park Drive,
Billerica, MA office. For directions, visit http://www.bnug.org/nortel.htm.
The meeting is free and reservations not necessary.

Join us at Nortel Networks' office in at 600 Technology Park Drive in
Billerica, Massachusetts, just off Concord Road near the intersection
of Concord Road and Route 3. Beginning at 6:30 PM, meet old friends
and make new ones over refreshments. The meeting will start at 7:00 PM
and run no later than 9:00pm.

For detailed directions, visit http://www.bnug.org/nortel.htm
The meeting is free and reservations not necessary.

BNUG meets the second Tuesday of every month.
Our motto is "Free Stuff!" And in that sprit, our meetings
and our membership dues are free -- and refreshments are served.
If you wish to join, are interested in more information, or need
directions to our meeting place, please visit our web site at:

http://www.bnug.org/

The Greater Boston Network Users Group is a 501c(3) non profit corporation run
entirely by volunteers. BNUG is dedicated to helping members understand, use,
and manage computer networks, large and small. BNUG has been serving network
users and administrators in Boston and New England for over 16 years.
Membership is and has always been free.