Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Linksys with Cisco ATA186

Linksys with Cisco ATA186

SPD

Hello:

I have a version 2 BEFSR41 cable/dsl router. I want to use
a Cisco ATA186 behind this box. I have the ATA setup and the
SIP proxy I want to register with even sees register attempts
however the register is not successful nor can I make calls.

I tried setting up a dmz host for the ATA but that didn't help.
Any suggestions on what type of filter I need in the ATA box
to make this work?

Thanks

BlueRinse

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:32:36 -0400, SPD wrote:

> I have a version 2 BEFSR41 cable/dsl router. I want to use
> a Cisco ATA186 behind this box. I have the ATA setup and the SIP proxy I
> want to register with even sees register attempts however the register is
> not successful nor can I make calls.

Turn off DMZ.

Find the port forwarding page

5060 TCP/UDP to the ip of your ATA
Also forward a range of RTP ports to the same ip.
(see the ATA config web page I think it
says "1024-65535, default 5004")

Sometimes it's easier to set a fixed ip for the ATA or SIP phone.

I think port forwarding should help you. Look at "sip port forward
linksys" on Google for more info.