Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > White Paper: XERT Your Data, Refocus Your Efforts

White Paper: XERT Your Data, Refocus Your Efforts

Holmespundit

VOIP Group...

The paper "XERT Your Data, Refocus Your Efforts" was recently added to
the Technical Briefcase section of the Holmespun Solutions web site:

http://www.holmespun.biz/briefcase/

The paper describes the advantages of using an XML encoding (called
XERT) to manipulate data that is usually only worked with in binary
form. The paper is aimed at those who work with protocols defined
using ASN.1 and encoded in BER format (e.g. X.509, SNMP, LDAP, TAP3,
CDR). The paper uses the GSM/UMTS MAP protocol to form illustrations.

The paper also promotes the Berasno Library and Utilities, which are
capable of translating BER data to XERT format, and back again,
without loss of data or format.

....Holmespundit

--
Holmespun Solutions, LLC