Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > SIP webclient??

SIP webclient??

Me

Is there a SIP webclient out there?
What I mean is, is there a client that you can access like a web page? Say I
go to www.blaa.com. It brings up a web page for me to sign in. Then I can
make calls from that over my pc hardware. The idea would be to not install
anything on the computer.
Is it even possible?

Christen Fihl

Something like Xten's X-Web ?

http://www.xten.com/index.php?menu=b...and=x-web-lite

It does allow for users to call a fixed number you supply, like a
hotline.
You can put it in a mail signature, or as a web link/button

--
Christen Fihl
http://VoIP.Fihl.net/

Joel Gathercole

Me wrote:

> Is there a SIP webclient out there?
> What I mean is, is there a client that you can access like a web page? Say I
> go to www.blaa.com. It brings up a web page for me to sign in. Then I can
> make calls from that over my pc hardware. The idea would be to not install
> anything on the computer.
> Is it even possible?

yes, I had a client that wanted the same thing. I used X-WEB-LITE from
www.xten.com . Not the best webphone, but hey the phone itself was free.

I also tried one from EyePedia or something like that, it costs about
12000$usd, This phone is totally customizable and could be seemless in a
web page.

They both use Active-X technology.

Joel

voipd voipd is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Is there a SIP webclient out there?
Yes, on dodde web-driven softphone - a Free online sip phone
at doddling.com

Quote:
What I mean is, is there a client that you can access like a web page? Say I
go to .... It brings up a web page for me to sign in.
Okay, with doddle SIP webphone you can embed a web-based Telephone on your igoogle page or on your own website or blog.
Just Visit Doddle VoIP webphone

Quote:
Then I can
make calls from that over my pc hardware. The idea would be to not install
anything on the computer.
Is it even possible?
Yes, you can use it on Doddle Free Online SIP webPhone: doddling.com