Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Adding/Changing Ringtones on a Cisco 7905G/7912G with SIP Firmware?

Adding/Changing Ringtones on a Cisco 7905G/7912G with SIP Firmware?

Eric Kotz

Hello all,
I'm in the process of deploying the Asterisk VoIP PBX where I work. I
have evaluated a few phones, and eventually decided on the Cisco 7940G
and Cisco 7912G.
Because there are many people that sit relatively closely, I feel it
is important that the phones have several different ring tones to
choose from so employees can assign a unique ringtone to their phone.
On the Cisco 7940 phones I accomplished this by creating a
RINGLIST.DAT with the ringtones, and placing that, along with the
rings themselves, on the TFTP server.
This same configuration does not seem to work on the Cisco 7905G I
have in my posession (and presumably the 7912G's which I have not
ordered yet, as they are 99% same as the 7905G). The phone never
requests RINGLIST.DAT from my TFTP server and do not display the
ringers I have specified.
The Cisco 7905G phone I have does have a menu option for Ring Types,
but only one ringer is available to choose in that menu. Because this
menu option exists, I would think it is possible to add more.
However, I have not found any documentation on how to add more Ring
Tones. If anyone knows how to do it, I would appreciate it if they
are willing to help me.

Thank you,
Eric Kotz

Adrian

Eric, I have done this on the 7905 phone in a Callmanager express
environment but the idea should be the same. The 7905G phones want the
RINGLIST file to be in XML format and it downloads it fine...Obviuosly
the raw files (ring tones) for the RINGLIST must be in the same
directory.

(E-Mail Removed) (Eric Kotz) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed) om>...
> Hello all,
> I'm in the process of deploying the Asterisk VoIP PBX where I work. I
> have evaluated a few phones, and eventually decided on the Cisco 7940G
> and Cisco 7912G.
> Because there are many people that sit relatively closely, I feel it
> is important that the phones have several different ring tones to
> choose from so employees can assign a unique ringtone to their phone.
> On the Cisco 7940 phones I accomplished this by creating a
> RINGLIST.DAT with the ringtones, and placing that, along with the
> rings themselves, on the TFTP server.
> This same configuration does not seem to work on the Cisco 7905G I
> have in my posession (and presumably the 7912G's which I have not
> ordered yet, as they are 99% same as the 7905G). The phone never
> requests RINGLIST.DAT from my TFTP server and do not display the
> ringers I have specified.
> The Cisco 7905G phone I have does have a menu option for Ring Types,
> but only one ringer is available to choose in that menu. Because this
> menu option exists, I would think it is possible to add more.
> However, I have not found any documentation on how to add more Ring
> Tones. If anyone knows how to do it, I would appreciate it if they
> are willing to help me.
>
> Thank you,
> Eric Kotz
> (E-Mail Removed)

Adding/Changing Ringtones on a Cisco 7905G/7912G with SIP Firmware? Eric Kotz Cisco 1 09-02-2004 02:07 PM
ringtones in java yair Java 0 02-08-2004 03:25 PM
ringtones in rttl with java DARO Java 1 08-03-2003 10:47 PM

Advertisments