Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > pstn fax -> VoIP -> pots fax machine? Opinions?

pstn fax -> VoIP -> pots fax machine? Opinions?

Martin 53N 1W

Comments please for how well this will work:

Can a VoIP gateway (or service provider) take fax calls onto VoIP, and
then for me to convert back to then deliver to an old analog (POTS) fax
machine, and... for it to work??

(I'm dealing with techno-phobes that dare not touch efax! ((

Thanks,
Martin

--
---------- OS? What's that?!
- Martin - To most people, "Operating System" is unknown & strange.

Ian

Not sure about the voip gateway bit but I have it setup so faxes come into *
using faxdetect are then passed over to a ATA186 connected to the Hylafax
server. and to honest the voip to pots fax is flaky, Reading ciscos site
they say it will be as well.

Its a case of suck it and see. personally some faxes work some dont...

Ian

news:A0LTc.817$(E-Mail Removed)...