Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP gateways

VoIP gateways

Matthew Bates

Hey,

I've just started playing with VoIP from Pipecall and I'm generally
impressed. The call quality is acceptable and the rates are
exceptionally good and the incoming 0845s are perfect for our small
business.

With my entrepreneurial hat on, I'm keen to explore VoIP further,
particularly as I can see a market niche. I can appreciate that setting
a fully-fledged VoIP infrastructure is completely beyond me,
particularly financially. However I am interested in how I could
utilise provide VoIP by either reselling or setting up a virtual
infrastructure (using gateways etc).

I have done some very initial research and read up on SER. Setting up
the SIP side of things seems achievable however I am almost stumped when
it comes to the SIP -> PSTN gateway. Well, I say stumped, but I'm just
not sure who to approach with regard to buying in these services,
particularly as I'm not wishing to purchase on an enterprise level.

Can anybody recommend any services that might be good for me to
investigate? Are there any suppliers on the newsgroup that can get in
touch with me?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Matthew Bates

Juan G. Castaneda

Take a look at asterisk www.asterisk.org as a gateway

Matthew Bates <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<4kzQc.762$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hey,
>
> I've just started playing with VoIP from Pipecall and I'm generally
> impressed. The call quality is acceptable and the rates are
> exceptionally good and the incoming 0845s are perfect for our small
> business.
>
> With my entrepreneurial hat on, I'm keen to explore VoIP further,
> particularly as I can see a market niche. I can appreciate that setting
> a fully-fledged VoIP infrastructure is completely beyond me,
> particularly financially. However I am interested in how I could
> utilise provide VoIP by either reselling or setting up a virtual
> infrastructure (using gateways etc).
>
> I have done some very initial research and read up on SER. Setting up
> the SIP side of things seems achievable however I am almost stumped when
> it comes to the SIP -> PSTN gateway. Well, I say stumped, but I'm just
> not sure who to approach with regard to buying in these services,
> particularly as I'm not wishing to purchase on an enterprise level.
>
> Can anybody recommend any services that might be good for me to
> investigate? Are there any suppliers on the newsgroup that can get in
> touch with me?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards,
> Matthew Bates

James Body

I take it that you are in UK...

The following all run two way UK centric SIP<>PSTN Gateways:

Gossiptel ( http://www.gossiptel.com )

Call UK (http://www.calluk.com ) [Also runs FWD UK PSTN Gateways]

Gradwell (http://www.gradwell.com )

SIPCall (http://www.sipcall.co.uk )

Mark Turner

James Body <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>The following all run two way UK centric SIP<>PSTN Gateways:

So do we, with 0845 or geographic numbers:

InterViVo (http://www.intervivo.net)

Cheers,

Mark.