Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Digital Dead Phone from TW

Digital Dead Phone from TW

Nehmo Sergheyev

I have a VoIP phone from Time Warner or RoadRunner. .

No dial tone all day. Nobody from Digital Phone is available at support
desk. I just get the RR guys (Ref # 24605011). Even bought a new phone
to see if my phone was the prob. Went down to the TW office and tried to
report the prob there, but they referred me to the reg number
816.743.2400 . Send email via
https://www.twcdigitalphone.com/kans...stomercare.htm but I think
they expect you to wait a day for a response. Tech chat says they don't
have the resources to help.

I've been on hold now on a cellphone for over an hour and a half. I
might as well give up

Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *

Bill G

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:02:29 GMT, "Nehmo Sergheyev"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a VoIP phone from Time Warner or RoadRunner. .
>
> No dial tone all day. Nobody from Digital Phone is available at support
>desk. I just get the RR guys (Ref # 24605011). Even bought a new phone
>to see if my phone was the prob. Went down to the TW office and tried to
>report the prob there, but they referred me to the reg number
>816.743.2400 . Send email via
>https://www.twcdigitalphone.com/kans...stomercare.htm but I think
>they expect you to wait a day for a response. Tech chat says they don't
>have the resources to help.
>

>I've been on hold now on a cellphone for over an hour and a half. I
>might as well give up
>

>Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

The early adopters always take it in the shorts. Hang in there, and
good luck.

--
Bill

Give a man some fire and he will be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Nehmo Sergheyev

I finally got in touch with a TW DP tech just after I posted, and I was
just about to hang up (I was getting tired of hearing "Your call is
important to us..."). I don't know what he did (if he did anything), but
now it works.

> I have a VoIP phone from Time Warner or RoadRunner. .
>
> No dial tone all day. Nobody from Digital Phone is available at

support
> desk. I just get the RR guys (Ref # 24605011). Even bought a new phone
> to see if my phone was the prob. Went down to the TW office and tried

> report the prob there, but they referred me to the reg number
> 816.743.2400 . Send email via
> https://www.twcdigitalphone.com/kans...stomercare.htm but I

think
> they expect you to wait a day for a response. Tech chat says they

don't
> have the resources to help.
>
> I've been on hold now on a cellphone for over an hour and a half. I
> might as well give up
>
> Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

--
*********************
* Nehmo Sergheyev *
*********************

Proteus

Just why in hell would you add RR's phone service to your existing account?
Do you really get that great of response when you call customer service
about your cable or RR service being down??? I sure as hell don't. There
is no way that I will add additional services to my account when I can't get
decent responses from them with what I have now. Nice example, a nice
little Saturday afternoon about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, I tried to log on to
the internet, no luck!! Thinking that my computer was playing tricks on me
I rebooted it, nothing. I looked at my cable modem and voila, no data
light!!! So I did a hard shut down (even turned my UPS off) and then turned
everything back on (correctly and in proper sequence) and still no
connection. Then I noticed someone else in the house tried to turn on the
TV, and yes, you guessed it, no cable for the tv either. Well I got on the
phone and called customer service and got speedy response after only a 15
minute wait on hold. Yes they confirmed that there was a service outage in
my area. Good they were working on it. But I thought I'd be a step ahead
and ask if they were going to be proactive and give refunds for the outage
period? Would you believe it, they told me I would have to call back once
service was restored and request it then. I did not get mad at the little
peon on the other end, I've been there and know that they are only allowed
to do so much. So I asked if I could talk with a supervisor!! I'll just
get somebody that can tell me yes!! Would you believe that there was not a
supervisor available because of the outage. She said she'd give me name to
a supervisor and they would call me back. Good thing I didn't try and hold
my breath, because I never got that call and still haven't to this date.
I'm not too worried because service was restored within a hour of me getting
off the phone. But they promised a callback and did not deliver. They suck
at customer service and this has been proven over and over again.

"Nehmo Sergheyev" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2UDPc.70523$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...
> I finally got in touch with a TW DP tech just after I posted, and I was
> just about to hang up (I was getting tired of hearing "Your call is
> important to us..."). I don't know what he did (if he did anything), but
> now it works.
>
> > I have a VoIP phone from Time Warner or RoadRunner. .
> >
> > No dial tone all day. Nobody from Digital Phone is available at

> support
> > desk. I just get the RR guys (Ref # 24605011). Even bought a new phone
> > to see if my phone was the prob. Went down to the TW office and tried

> > report the prob there, but they referred me to the reg number
> > 816.743.2400 . Send email via
> > https://www.twcdigitalphone.com/kans...stomercare.htm but I

> think
> > they expect you to wait a day for a response. Tech chat says they

> don't
> > have the resources to help.
> >
> > I've been on hold now on a cellphone for over an hour and a half. I
> > might as well give up
> >
> > Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

> --
> *********************
> * Nehmo Sergheyev *
> *********************

Never anonymous Bud

Having escaped, in tact, from the Democratic Convention, "Proteus" <(E-Mail Removed)> inked:

>Just why in hell would you add RR's phone service to your existing account?
>Do you really get that great of response when you call customer service
>about your cable or RR service being down??? I sure as hell don't.

You OBVIOUSLY don't have SBC as your landline phone company!

--

The truth is out there,

but it's not interesting enough for most people.

Brad High Speed Tech Support

"Proteus" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:CkDSc.37704$(E-Mail Removed)-kc.rr.com...

<Snippity-snip-snip>

> my area. Good they were working on it. But I thought I'd be a step

ahead
> and ask if they were going to be proactive and give refunds for the

outage
> period? Would you believe it, they told me I would have to call

back once
> service was restored and request it then. I did not get mad at the

little
> peon on the other end, I've been there and know that they are only

allowed
> to do so much. So I asked if I could talk with a supervisor!! I'll

just
> get somebody that can tell me yes!! Would you believe that there

was not a
> supervisor available because of the outage. She said she'd give me

name to
> a supervisor and they would call me back. Good thing I didn't try

and hold
> my breath, because I never got that call and still haven't to this

date.
> I'm not too worried because service was restored within a hour of me

getting
> off the phone. But they promised a callback and did not deliver.

They suck
> at customer service and this has been proven over and over again.

This sounds like a performance issue, if you wouldn't happen to have
the name of the person that you spoke with I would be more than happy
to take it up with their supervisor. It is also possible that the
person that you were speaking with was NHD.

When was the outage, and I will get the credit placed on the account.

--
Brad
HSS Tier 3

JohneP

Here is the real question, Bud.
What if SBC told you it would be two weeks for a tech. to come out and
service your line? With plenty of phone customers around they would be dead
meat before you could hang up. Right?
JohneP

Never anonymous Bud

Having escaped, in tact, from the Democratic Convention, "JohneP" <(E-Mail Removed)> inked:

>Here is the real question, Bud.
>What if SBC told you it would be two weeks for a tech. to come out and
>service your line? With plenty of phone customers around they would be dead
>meat before you could hang up. Right?

A) I've NEVER had Time-Warner/RoadRunner tell me
anything CLOSE to that. Generally for problems
it's same day, or at worst next day, and

B) It's DAMNED hard to even GET to an SBC 'live person'
unless you want to check billing.