Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP for SOHO

VOIP for SOHO

Paul

Hi all,
I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.

I have been looking at a number of products and I'm wondering if
someone can point me in the right direction for resources or product
comparisons.

Personally, I support a ~300 user Call Manager installation by day and
I figure that this type of enterprise solution (even using the express
products) is far too expensive.

I was looking at something like the 3Com VOIP solution or purchasing
one of these VOIP/NAT Firewall boxes - but there are so many vendors
and none of which I have heard of before.

Does anyone have any "Love/Hate" stories of products for this size
small office? Presume the needs are similar to a small legal office, 3
or 4 incoming lines? and voicemail.

Thanks,
Paul

Steve

Sure Paul, reply to this email and I would be happy to send you a response.
It appears your email address is not valid, for obvious reasons.

Steve

"Paul" <parnold at spamcop dot net> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
> I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
> well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.
>
> I have been looking at a number of products and I'm wondering if
> someone can point me in the right direction for resources or product
> comparisons.
>
> Personally, I support a ~300 user Call Manager installation by day and
> I figure that this type of enterprise solution (even using the express
> products) is far too expensive.
>
> I was looking at something like the 3Com VOIP solution or purchasing
> one of these VOIP/NAT Firewall boxes - but there are so many vendors
> and none of which I have heard of before.
>
> Does anyone have any "Love/Hate" stories of products for this size
> small office? Presume the needs are similar to a small legal office, 3
> or 4 incoming lines? and voicemail.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Hammond of Texas

Paul wrote:

> Hi all,
> I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
> I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
> well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk
http://www.asterisk.org/

Andrew Zhilenko

Hello,

> I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
> I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
> well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.

Perhaps it will be suitable for you? http://www.pbxpress.com/ It is a
small PBX box (running on the PC cube).
- Configurable from the web interface
- Supports different types of SIP phones, NAT traversal, auto-detection on
the new SIP phones on the local network
- Can send outgoing calls to VoIP
- Or can use existing PSTN lines for local calls or as a backup in case if
VoIP fails
- Can record the voice conversations and back them up on the CD/DVD disk

WBR, Andrew
--
Andrew Zhilenko
Please remove "hide-email." from my email address when replying,

sc

> I have been lurking for a while and I wanted to pose this question.
> I'm looking to setup a VOIP solution for a small office (10-user) as
> well as support up to 10 more people at home offices.
>
> I have been looking at a number of products and I'm wondering if
> someone can point me in the right direction for resources or product
> comparisons.

take a look at
www.spiderstar.com

its a voip pbx for small offices.