Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > asterisk with MGCP

asterisk with MGCP

parvata

Hi,
Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a problem
with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have done a
thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site but of not
much help. Please let me know if any has got it working. If you have got
it working can you please post the related parts in the extensions.conf
and mgcp.conf files?

Thanks a lot for your time.

Majortom

I may be wrong here, but I thought mgcp was used to communicate with a
gateway, not with phones. If you are using Cisco IP phones with the SCCP
image, asterisk can support it with it's own skinny channel driver or you
can get another one that may work better at
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+SCCP+channels . Unfortunately, I
haven't tried it yet but there's a how-to on that site. Good luck and please
let me know how it goes.

Regards

Majortom

ytsong

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (parvata) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> Hi,
> Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a problem
> with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have done a
> thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site but of not
> much help. Please let me know if any has got it working. If you have got
> it working can you please post the related parts in the extensions.conf
> and mgcp.conf files?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time.

Just FYI,

I've been testing asterisk with the protocol,
and got working with our device.

I had some problem with
1. wildcard RSIP, but recent version has support for it.

2. digitmap handling, made some change into the chan_mgcp.c for
working in digitmap mode.

3. extensions.conf has something like:

exten => 7001,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7002,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7003,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7004,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7005,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7006,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7007,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))
exten => 7008,1,Dial(MGCP/aaln/(E-Mail Removed))

4. mgcp.conf has
[smta1.syspol.com]
context=default
host=smta1.syspol.com
wcardep => aaln/*
line => aaln/1
line => aaln/2
line => aaln/3
line => aaln/4
line => aaln/5
line => aaln/6
line => aaln/7
line => aaln/8

Thanks.

- ytsong

Soren Rathje

parvata wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a
> problem with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have
> done a thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site
> but of not much help. Please let me know if any has got it working.
> If you have got
> it working can you please post the related parts in the
> extensions.conf
> and mgcp.conf files?
>
> Thanks a lot for your time.

Prior questions and answers from the Asterisk user group:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...isk-Users+MGCP

Topics about MGCP on the Wiki:
http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...+Asterisk+MGCP

Anyway, I suggest you sign up with the Asterisk-Users maillinglist, that
is where the "experts live"..

Or, join irc.freenode.net, register your nick (/msg nickserv help) and
join #asterisk for an online discussion.

-- Soren

Gareth Babb

On 14 Jul 2004 16:44:10 -0700, parvata <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Has anyone here got asterisk working with th MGCP protocol? I have a problem
> with MGCP phone connecting to the asterisk PBX system. I have done a
> thorough search in the asterisk as well as digium's web site but of not
> much help. Please let me know if any has got it working. If you have got
> it working can you please post the related parts in the extensions.conf
> and mgcp.conf files?

I use the MGCP ATA186 image fine.

If you were to detail your problem a bit better than someone might be able
to help ...

What *exactly* is the problem ?

Cannot render XML card using MGCP on a Cisco IP phone. m3driver Cisco 0 01-10-2005 08:33 PM
Learn VOIP (H.323, SIP, MGCP, RTP) LAN, WAN, ROUTING TekJockey Cisco 0 09-22-2004 06:10 PM
MGCP Call flow using Cisco BTS 10200 francesco Cisco 0 06-17-2004 04:30 PM
PIX and MGCP JB Cisco 0 03-03-2004 04:12 PM
mgcp and ccm Pavel Zheltouhov Cisco 1 12-29-2003 05:30 AM

Advertisments