Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VoIP for internal telephone system in UK

VoIP for internal telephone system in UK

Nortec in MN

The biggest question is what are your needs. VoIP tends to be oversold, so
look at what your current and future needs are and start from there.

If you have (or will have) a need for VoIP, toss a ITG card in your Meridian
and save the expense of a forklift upgrade.

"Rob Nicholson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kkeJc.467$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know the basics of the technology but that's about all. We're going to

be
> moving office soon and we're considering dumping our Nortel Meridian PBX
> system and thinking about IP telephony.
>
> Any links to reference material on setting up a medium sized (50 people)
> VoIP system for internal phone system? Of course, it'll need to talk to

the
> existing external telephone network
>
> Thanks, Rob.

Rob Nicholson

I know the basics of the technology but that's about all. We're going to be
moving office soon and we're considering dumping our Nortel Meridian PBX
system and thinking about IP telephony.

Any links to reference material on setting up a medium sized (50 people)
VoIP system for internal phone system? Of course, it'll need to talk to the
existing external telephone network

Thanks, Rob.

Ian

"Rob Nicholson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kkeJc.467$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I know the basics of the technology but that's about all. We're going to

be
> moving office soon and we're considering dumping our Nortel Meridian PBX
> system and thinking about IP telephony.
>
> Any links to reference material on setting up a medium sized (50 people)
> VoIP system for internal phone system? Of course, it'll need to talk to

the
> existing external telephone network
>
> Thanks, Rob.

Hi Rob

All the major system suppliers supply VOIP systems and have done for the
last few years, For the last couple of years thats all they want to supply.
Have a look on the web, The major UK suppliers are Mitel with the 3300,
Cisco etc.

Ian Plain
www.cyber-cottage.co.uk