Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > H.323: How to register GW without prefix?

H.323: How to register GW without prefix?

Zeljko

Hi,

I have a problem with understanding how terminalType(endpointType)
should be set when no supported prefix exist for corresponding endpoint.

For example how should GW set terminalType to indicate its nature
and that receiving GK will interpret as this is gateway for voice
services but without prefix.

The problem is that ASN.1 coder does not treat length 0 for supported
prefix as valid since definition
e164 IA5String(SIZE (1..12)(FROM ("0123456789No. *,")),
says that length (SIZE) start from 1.

RegistrationRequest ::= SEQUENCE --(RRQ)
{
terminalType EndpointType,
}

EndpointType ::= SEQUENCE {
nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
vendor VendorIdentifier OPTIONAL,
gatekeeper GatekeeperInfo OPTIONAL,
gateway GatewayInfo OPTIONAL,
mcu McuInfo OPTIONAL,
terminal TerminalInfo OPTIONAL,
mc BOOLEAN,
undefinedNode BOOLEAN,
}

GatewayInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
protocol SEQUENCE OF SupportedProtocols OPTIONAL,
nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
}

SupportedProtocols ::= CHOICE {
nonStandardData NonStandardParameter,
h310 H310Caps,
h320 H320Caps,
h321 H321Caps,
h322 H322Caps,
h323 H323Caps,
h324 H324Caps,
voice VoiceCaps,
t120-only T120OnlyCaps,
...,
nonStandardProtocol NonStandardProtocol
}

VoiceCaps ::= SEQUENCE {
nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
...,
dataRatesSupported SEQUENCE OF DataRate OPTIONAL,
supportedPrefixes SEQUENCE OF SupportedPrefix
}

SupportedPrefix ::= SEQUENCE {
nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
prefix AliasAddress,
}

AliasAddress ::= CHOICE {
e164 IA5String(SIZE (1..12)(FROM ("0123456789No. *,")),
h323-ID BMPString(SIZE (1..256)), -- Basic ISO/IEC 10646-1 (Unicode)
...,
url-ID IA5String(SIZE (1..512)), -- URL style address
transportID TransportAddress,
email-ID IA5String(SIZE (1..512)), -- rfc822-compliant email address
partyNumber PartyNumber
}

Basically I would like to say that "this is gateway for voice" and not set
any of optional fields. How to do that?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Zeljko

Andreas Sikkema

On Wed, 07 Jul 2004 08:01:52 -0700, Zeljko wrote:

> For example how should GW set terminalType to indicate its nature
> and that receiving GK will interpret as this is gateway for voice
> services but without prefix.

> GatewayInfo ::= SEQUENCE {
> protocol SEQUENCE OF SupportedProtocols OPTIONAL,
> nonStandardData NonStandardParameter OPTIONAL,
> }

> Basically I would like to say that "this is gateway for voice" and not set
> any of optional fields. How to do that?

Just register with an alias address and leave GatewayInfo empty

--
Andreas

Zeljko

Andreas Sikkema <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
any of optional fields. How to do that?

> Just register with an alias address and leave GatewayInfo empty

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your answer.

Just one clarification. In this case (GatewayInfo empty) is undefinedNode
set to TRUE, while when GatewayInfo is filled undefinedNode must be set to
FALSE?
Is this field (undefinedNode) irrelevant when you register with your alias
address?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Zeljko