Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP phones with PSTN line also?

VOIP phones with PSTN line also?

Steve

For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.

Does anyone make such a phone?

Steve

Mats Karlsson

Steve wrote:
> For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
> city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
> PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
> one phone on their desk.
>
> Does anyone make such a phone?
>
> Steve

Steve,

There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
needs.

/Mats

Steve

Incoming analog PSTN line (or 2), + VOIP (SIP)? Without another gateway?
Build into the phone?

If so, what is it?

Steve

"Mats Karlsson" <(E-Mail Removed)-lan.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Steve wrote:
> > For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another
> > city, it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a
> > PSTN connector for the home phone line so the worker can have only
> > one phone on their desk.
> >
> > Does anyone make such a phone?
> >
> > Steve

> Steve,
>
> There is phone's with two incomming analogue lines that could fit your
> needs.
>

> /Mats

Peter Gradwell

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
>it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
>for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
>
>Does anyone make such a phone?

How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
than a phone, but it does most of the job.

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm

peter

-- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --

Steve

Nope, not what I want. I want what I said, which is a SIP VOIP phone, that
also has a PSTN line, am wondering if anyone makes such a product.

Steve

"Peter Gradwell" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ell.net...
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:22:11 -0500, "Steve"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another

city,
> >it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN

connector
> >for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their

desk.

> >Does anyone make such a phone?

> How about something like the Sipura SPA3000. It's an adaptor, rather
> than a phone, but it does most of the job.
>
> http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
>
> peter
>
> --
> peter gradwell. gradwell dot com Ltd. http://www.gradwell.com/
> -- engineering & hosting services for email, web and usenet --
> -- http://www.peter.me.uk/ -- http://www.voip.org.uk/ --

Carl Navarro

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>For the remote worker, say one guy working out of a house in another city,
>it would seem very handy to have a VOIP phone that also has a PSTN connector
>for the home phone line so the worker can have only one phone on their desk.
>
>Does anyone make such a phone?

Yes and no.

Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm

I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.

Carl Navarro

Steve

Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

Steve

"Carl Navarro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >
> Yes and no.
>
> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm
>
> I'm not sure if the VOIP stands alone.
>
> Carl Navarro

Andreas Sikkema

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
@corp.supernews.com:

> "Carl Navarro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >
>> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm

> Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
interface:

http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html

--
Andreas

Steve

I guess my realization is there is no such phone, pity. Very useful for
certain markets.

Steve

"Andreas Sikkema" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:10dkc7k2rmj7304
> @corp.supernews.com:
>
> > "Carl Navarro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >
> >> Try: http://www.qtelnet.com/products-IP-1302.htm

> > Looks close, but it H323, not SIP.

> Not a phone in itself, but the Addpac AP200 has variants with a PSTN
> interface:
>
> http://www.addpac.com/english/AP200.html
>
> --
> Andreas

Yes, there is such a phone, and a dang nice one at that.

http://linuxdevices.com/articles/AT8916343149.html