Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Re: Make Phone call over net?

Re: Make Phone call over net?

JustSomeGuy

> There's a lot of VoIP software, and I'm not familiar with all of it.
> It ranges from libraries to complete PBX applications (see
> www.asterisk.org).
>
> I'm directing followups to comp.dcom.voice-over-ip since that's where
> people talk about this kind of application. Perhaps if you tell us
> what you want to do, we can offer more useful advice.

Specifically I want to be able to do a 'net to phone' application.
At the moment I have no requirement for a phone to net.
i.e. Connect to a telephone and transmit voice and receive call
progress information dtmf's etc...