Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Pleiades answer supervision

Pleiades answer supervision

John B

I know that Pleiades uses Voice Activity Detection for answer
supervision, but what happens if the PSTN gives messages (circuit
availability, etc) without preceeding it with any kind of tone?

Wouldn't the channel bank detect those messages as voice, and thus
provide "false" answer supervision?

Is there a workaround for this kind of situation? Or, any other
channel bank which can distinguish between a normal voice and a
recorded voice?

Thanks.

John B

DevilsPGD

In message <<(E-Mail Removed) >>
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (John B) did ramble:

>I know that Pleiades uses Voice Activity Detection for answer
>supervision, but what happens if the PSTN gives messages (circuit
>availability, etc) without preceeding it with any kind of tone?
>
>Wouldn't the channel bank detect those messages as voice, and thus
>provide "false" answer supervision?
>
>Is there a workaround for this kind of situation? Or, any other
>channel bank which can distinguish between a normal voice and a
>recorded voice?

If you're using a digital service (ISDN or up) then it will work just
fine, the C-channel will contain the status of the line.

--
I guess we'll be going down together, I mean getting off together, I mean
... That's Ok, I'll just press the button for the stimulator. Elevator!

John B

The Pleiades P32mxi channel bank would be connected to analog PSTN lines.

Any ideas, suggestions?

John B

DevilsPGD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<xYGxc.17217956$(E-Mail Removed)> ...
> In message <<(E-Mail Removed) >>
> (E-Mail Removed) (John B) did ramble:
>
> >I know that Pleiades uses Voice Activity Detection for answer
> >supervision, but what happens if the PSTN gives messages (circuit
> >availability, etc) without preceeding it with any kind of tone?
> >
> >Wouldn't the channel bank detect those messages as voice, and thus
> >provide "false" answer supervision?
> >
> >Is there a workaround for this kind of situation? Or, any other
> >channel bank which can distinguish between a normal voice and a
> >recorded voice?

> If you're using a digital service (ISDN or up) then it will work just
> fine, the C-channel will contain the status of the line.

forrestk9 forrestk9 is offline
Junior Member

Please let me know if you like to know how this is done.

Regards
Vivian

Process supervision and exception titetluc@gmail.com Perl Misc 1 05-11-2007 02:07 PM
Solutions for supervision didier depinoy Cisco 0 09-03-2004 02:28 PM
Supervision solution didier depinoy Cisco 1 08-31-2004 03:59 PM
Supervision des routeurs Nadir Cisco 4 11-05-2003 05:23 PM
Supervision Cisco Router Nadir Cisco 2 11-01-2003 10:33 AM

Advertisments