Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > i2050 on BCM --Only have 1 way audio

i2050 on BCM --Only have 1 way audio

techy

I have been working on this project for a while now and am fairly fried...if
some one could help it would be greatly apprecited.. I have the bcm behind a
linksys router set with DMZ on....thinking that for now that should leave
all ports open and have set the dmz port to the lan card of the BCM
server......I try to use the software i2050 from my home using DSL..I get a
an extension and I can dial out and connect...but.......i can hear them they
just can not hear me.

any help would be appreciated

Nortec in MN

I wouldn't recommend just hanging the BCM open to a public IP. Set up a VPN
and you will have a secure and working solution.

"techy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zsYuc.26673$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have been working on this project for a while now and am fairly

fried...if
> some one could help it would be greatly apprecited.. I have the bcm behind

> linksys router set with DMZ on....thinking that for now that should leave
> all ports open and have set the dmz port to the lan card of the BCM
> server......I try to use the software i2050 from my home using DSL..I get

> an extension and I can dial out and connect...but.......i can hear them

they
> just can not hear me.
>

> any help would be appreciated

I have a better idea, post the ip address here and we can all "test" it for
you

Seriously, he's right. There is probably something blocking the UDP
traffic/ports on one end or the other, or a translation issue. But there
isn't much point in chasing it down since you current solution is so
unsecured that you'd be foolish to use it this way. The VPN tunnel will
solve both problems.

"Nortec in MN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ky2vc.4510$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I wouldn't recommend just hanging the BCM open to a public IP. Set up a

VPN
> and you will have a secure and working solution.
>
> "techy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zsYuc.26673$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have been working on this project for a while now and am fairly

> fried...if
> > some one could help it would be greatly apprecited.. I have the bcm

behind
> > linksys router set with DMZ on....thinking that for now that should

leave
> > all ports open and have set the dmz port to the lan card of the BCM
> > server......I try to use the software i2050 from my home using DSL..I

get
> > an extension and I can dial out and connect...but.......i can hear them

> they
> > just can not hear me.
> >

> > any help would be appreciated

techy

"techy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:zsYuc.26673$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> you know i have really enjoyed the advice about running my I2050 thru a
>> VPN

to the BCM......Just curious why I have been sold an IP client license...and
VPN is a separate option from Nortel....what is the deal with that....

by the way I have left the ports open just to make it work before I am going
to worry about security....

still need help

Nortec in MN

"techy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BmOvc.34497$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "techy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:zsYuc.26673$(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> you know i have really enjoyed the advice about running my I2050 thru a
> >> VPN

> to the BCM......Just curious why I have been sold an IP client

license...and
> VPN is a separate option from Nortel....what is the deal with that....

IP sets can be used locally on the LAN... no need for a VPN. Also, you
only need a license for IPSec. Set up a PPTP tunnel to the BCM and fire up
the i2050 and you will be all set - you have everything you need.

> by the way I have left the ports open just to make it work before I am

going
> to worry about security....
>
> still need help

Security should be a primary concern, not secondary. The VPN will make it
both secure and easier to get this working.