Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP and Vsat

VOIP and Vsat

Alaeddin

hello all,

Does anyone know of a service or device that works over Vsat
connections? I would like to use my Vsat connection for my
international calls as well in order to justify the cost.

I know there are problems with the delay but i ma sure someone out
there figured something out

TYIA

Azm

Christen Fihl

Christen Fihl

3mR

"Alaeddin" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hello all,
>
> Does anyone know of a service or device that works over Vsat
> connections? I would like to use my Vsat connection for my
> international calls as well in order to justify the cost.
>

> I know there are problems with the delay but i ma sure someone out
> there figured something out
>

> TYIA
>
> Azm

Do you have a sat connection? mono or bi-directional?
How do you find with it?
Tell us if the "voice-over-sat" works! I'm very interested in it!

DJ

"3mR" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<rC0tc.340760$(E-Mail Removed)>...

> Do you have a sat connection? mono or bi-directional?

Bi. LincSat which works over the DirecWay bird.

> How do you find with it?

Better than paying 100 000$ to run telephone poles to my house, or
500$ a month for a true satellite phone .

> Tell us if the "voice-over-sat" works! I'm very interested in it!

It does. It's quirky, but it does.

DJ

Alaeddin

Is that a service that only works with your vsat provider? Would it
work on others? I will also get a Bi vsat.