Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Asteriks! What i need?

Asteriks! What i need?

Antonio

Hello, i just installed a Connectiva Linux on a PC and want to know
what i need to run Asteriks. I already have two Sipura SPA-2000, a
network, a router and a adsl internet.

- To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card?
- To connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem? Can i add more to
have more connections to the PSTN on the same computer?

After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my
system?

Thanks
Tony

Kurt Jaeger

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Antonio <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Hello, i just installed a Connectiva Linux on a PC and want to know
>what i need to run Asteriks. I already have two Sipura SPA-2000, a
>network, a router and a adsl internet.
>
>- To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card?

Yes.

>- To connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem?

No, you need a analog-port card, like

http://www.digium.com/index.php?menu=wildcard_x100p

> Can i add more to
>have more connections to the PSTN on the same computer?

Yes. Put more of the x100p cards into the system.
Or use some of the other boards, as seen on

http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=hardware

e.g. the

http://www.voicetronix.com/vpb4_v4pci.htm

>After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my
>system?

Yes.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23 http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Psychomation

Stumbling out on on Thu, 13 May 2004 11:34:32 -0700, Antonio blithered:

> - To connect to the network/internet i need only one ethernet card? - To
> connect to the PSTN i need a regular modem? Can i add more to have more
> connections to the PSTN on the same computer?
> After that i only need to get more ATAs to use as "braches" of my system?

Read this excellent intro to voIP with Asterisk

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2.../asterisk.html

and this "sequel" about adding POTS/PSTN connections

http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2...asterisk2.html

and download one of the version of the docs here

http://asteriskdocs.org/

Another excellent guide

http://www.automated.it/guidetoasterisk.htm

The Wiki - updated constantly, this has content on every asterisk subject

http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk