Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP instead of regular PBX

VOIP instead of regular PBX

Antonio

Hello, i jsut bought 2 Sipura SPA-2000 and a FX-200 FXS->FXS adapter.
I'm really happy with it. I've tested and it works pretty good.

Now i'm thinking in using my LAN ethernet to communicate within my
office (only internal communications and use the FX-200 to go PSTN).
My doubt is how i configure the "branches" in my office. I'm now using
FWD, it's ok for outside communications but having to dial 3939** to
get the PSTN line is not that simple.

How do i implement 0 for PSTN line, 211 for my cubicle, 212 for ...
and so on? Just like a regular PBX? Is there a way to do it without a
computer or do i need some software like Asteriks?

Thanks
Tony Mouallem