Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Device for IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP

Device for IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP

Sam

Hi all

We are a small company located in Denmark, we spends allot of money for long
distance calling, I was wondering if you can guide me to find a device or a
gateway that could reduce our cost.

We are 12 employees, each with a phone number and internet connection, we
want to invest on IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP,

I don't know if these systems (IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP) are
the same or what is the best solution for us, or where we could find such a
device.

Please.. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance Sam

Phil McKerracher

"Sam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40732b6a$0$267$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> We are a small company located in Denmark, we spends allot of money for

long
> distance calling, I was wondering if you can guide me to find a device or

> gateway that could reduce our cost.
>
> We are 12 employees, each with a phone number and internet connection, we
> want to invest on IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP,
>
> I don't know if these systems (IP telephony , SIP telephony or VoIP) are
> the same or what is the best solution for us, or where we could find such

> device.

I'll stick my neck out (since this is a VoIP group) and say VoIP is probably
not your best solution. You don't say who you are typically calling though,
which makes a proper answer difficult.

VoIP is great when both ends have the same technology and the quality of the
link between is known. For example, it is good for enabling branch offices
to contact the central office of a company, especially if it's
international. But I don't think this is what you are doing.

I use www.call18866.co.uk from a normal phone to make most of my
international calls, because they are far cheaper than BT (only 1p/minute to
many countries) and the people I want to call usually only have a normal
PSTN phone. The call may actually be carried over IP but it starts and ends
at a normal phone. I don't know if there's an equivalent company in Denmark,
though.

If you make regular calls to a few particular people in foreign countries
and you all have broadband internet connections, then you might want to use
someone like www.skype.com or www.freeworldialup.com. These calls will be
free (except for the fixed cost of the internet connection) and normally
very good quality (but not always). Calls over skype are encrypted for extra
security as well.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org

Christen Fihl

Look at http://musimi.dk
They have long distance call, and free call between other users in same
system.
I use it.

--
Christen Fihl, Danmark
http://VoIP.Fihl.net/

Sam

Thanks for your answers I will look at the links to see what they offer.

/ Sam

"Christen Fihl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:4073c0fd$0$176$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Look at http://musimi.dk
> They have long distance call, and free call between other users in same
> system.
> I use it.
>
> --
> Christen Fihl, Danmark
> http://VoIP.Fihl.net/

sc

Hi Sam,

please take a look on www.spiderstar.com

its a device for small office.

take care.

> We are a small company located in Denmark, we spends allot of money for

long
> distance calling, I was wondering if you can guide me to find a device or

> gateway that could reduce our cost.

Roy

Nice little box but for the US market you will need FXO ports rather
than ISDN.

sc wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> please take a look on www.spiderstar.com
>
> its a device for small office.
>
> take care.
>

>>We are a small company located in Denmark, we spends allot of money for

> long
>
>>distance calling, I was wondering if you can guide me to find a device or

>>gateway that could reduce our cost.

sc

this solution is also available but we don't have distributors in the US at
this time.

> Nice little box but for the US market you will need FXO ports rather
> than ISDN.

Roy

Email me. Maybe we can cure that for you