Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > VOIP for small business

VOIP for small business

Mostro

is VOIP feasible for small business, say 3 - 4 phones, I dont know much
about how it works relative to a small business environment

specific questions are -

what equipment?

pricewise is it better to go with the conventional phone systems

For only 3 or 4 phones I doubt you could find a cost affective solution
UNLESS you went with one of the free IP systems (Linux and Asterisks). I
don't use it myself, my employer sells traditional and IP phone systems for
small and mid-size companies, but I've heard good things about Asterisks.
But like any Unix/Linux based freeware you do need to do a bit more yourself
(can't just call tech support).

"Mostro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> is VOIP feasible for small business, say 3 - 4 phones, I dont know much
> about how it works relative to a small business environment
>
> specific questions are -
>
> what equipment?
>
> pricewise is it better to go with the conventional phone systems

Dan

I guess it all really depends what you are looking to accomplish. Do
you want to just cut down on LD costs? Are you looking to do a peer to
peer connection with remote offices/locations? Are you looking to
obtain dial tone of another city via VoIP? There are a few
possibilities once we can narrow down what you wish to accomplish.

"Mostro" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> is VOIP feasible for small business, say 3 - 4 phones, I dont know much
> about how it works relative to a small business environment
>
> specific questions are -
>
> what equipment?
>
> pricewise is it better to go with the conventional phone systems

Mostro

I guess first thing was the cost effective side of it. It looks like at
this point it would not make sense for me. Thanks for your replies.