Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Nortel Business communication manager

Nortel Business communication manager

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Hi

I am having problems configuring the nortel business communication manager.
I have a nortel I2500 series headset and phone software. I want to connect
to the nortel phone system to make calls ? What needs to be done ? The IP
address of the BCM is 192.168.2.7 I can't enable dhcp on the nortel BCM
because I have a DHCP server already on my network. I am a student just
doin a co-op and havn't learned much about voice over ip yet... Also I
tried adding entries under the ip telelphony h.232 section but it wouln't
let me specify a ip address.

Please help me

Jonathan Pisarczyk

Viking

The phone needs some arguments from the DHCP server; the BCM would give
these automatically when you hand out the IP addresses from there. If you
really don't want to do it, you'll have to change your DHCP servers setting
so it it gives the right options. One of them is the IP address if the BCM,
one is the TCP port settings. For both there's a second entry for
redundancy.
There's also a setting that enables you to get the IP address from any DHCP
server, while configuring the BCM IP address and TCP port manually; I guess
you should go for this one.
Of course, you can also configure everything manually on the phone.
These configurations, and how to do it, must be documented, so I guess the
best and easiest way is to find the docs at the reseller, or ask your
reseller to help you out.

Viking.

"Jonathan Pisarczyk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Rvd%b.15130$(E-Mail Removed):