Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Cisco 7960 Firmware :(

Cisco 7960 Firmware :(

Tim Johnson

I purchased one of these phones brand new from eBay with no paperwork. I
realize I need the SIP image to convert it from using call manager, but I'm
now discovering Cisco's bureaucracy makes this very very hard.

Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me out
with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet contract
that would give me access to it.

Many Thanks,
Tim

Tim Johnson

> Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me out
> with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet

contract
> that would give me access to it.

I found out about the contract, being in the UK, it will cost me 38 or $70
just for firmware access. All I really need is a copy of this 5.x or 6.x
firmware file :/

Tim

Kurt Jaeger

In article <On0%b.16812$(E-Mail Removed)>,
Tim Johnson <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I purchased one of these phones brand new from eBay with no paperwork. I
>realize I need the SIP image to convert it from using call manager, but I'm
>now discovering Cisco's bureaucracy makes this very very hard.
>
>Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me out
>with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet contract
>that would give me access to it.

Cisco has a refurbished stuff project.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/ordering/...l_listing.html

Somewhere down there is a solution (probably not a cheap one, I know).

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger 16 years to go !
LF.net GmbH fon +49 711 90074-23 http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Steve Blair

4.4 is identical to 5.0 except it is not signed so you
can downgrade the image if needed. Once you go to 5.x
you cannot downgrade to a pre-version 5 release.

-Steve

Tim Johnson wrote:

>>Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me out
>>with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet

> contract
>
>>that would give me access to it.

> I found out about the contract, being in the UK, it will cost me 38 or $70
> just for firmware access. All I really need is a copy of this 5.x or 6.x
> firmware file :/
>
> Tim

Tim Johnson

Too late, someone very kindly hooked me up with 6.2. However, this appears
to have documented issues with firewalls or FWD, and I'm not having a lot of
luck getting it running.

Tim

"Steve Blair" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c1it21$f6i6$(E-Mail Removed)...

> 4.4 is identical to 5.0 except it is not signed so you
> can downgrade the image if needed. Once you go to 5.x
> you cannot downgrade to a pre-version 5 release.
>
> -Steve
>
> Tim Johnson wrote:
>
> >>Right now I've got an expensive but useless phone. Can anyone help me

out
> >>with the firmware, or advise on how to get this elusive $8 SmartNet

> > contract
> >
> >>that would give me access to it.

> > I found out about the contract, being in the UK, it will cost me 38 or

$70
> > just for firmware access. All I really need is a copy of this 5.x or 6.x
> > firmware file :/
> >
> > Tim

Tim Johnson

Scrap that, the same person has helped me out again with a 5.x firmware.
Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it'll work. Guess I'm all set. Thanks so
much for the help guys.

Tim

news:Gx7%b.40$(E-Mail Removed)...