Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > At home workers - need to connect with VoIP

At home workers - need to connect with VoIP

Bill Corden

I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they could
call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.

I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
programming and pc experience.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bill

abc

u should buy an analog voip gateway, which can have a call forward
function..

"Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NSJXb.9389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
> call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

could
> call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.
>
> I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
> programming and pc experience.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

abc

call forward from pstn to voip

"abc" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c0o9rl$(E-Mail Removed)...
> u should buy an analog voip gateway, which can have a call forward
> function..
>

> "Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NSJXb.9389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
> > call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

> could
> > call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.
> >
> > I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
> > programming and pc experience.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill

Nortec in MN

If your office phone system supports VoIP, then this would be the best route
using a VoIP set (Note: forget about an analog VoIP gateway - it lacks ease
of use and functionality).

If you have equipment that does not support VoIP, then the best solution I
have found is to take an existing digital office phone and place it in their
home. Then use a product like mck's extender to extend the signaling over
an IP network.

Either way, the phones operate exactly like they were sitting in your
office - just make sure you have enough bandwidth and low latency between
sites or else quality will suffer.

"Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NSJXb.9389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
> call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

could
> call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.
>
> I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
> programming and pc experience.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

Stylz

Bill Corden wrote:

> I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
> call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they could
> call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.

Depending on your PBX you need very probably either a Cisco or
a Asterisk Box with ISDN (BRI/PRI) or Analog Interfaces. Both Setups
can do what you want but are not easy to configure.

Asterisk is open souce, info available at http://asteriks.org .

-- Stylz

Bill Corden

Sorry for the delay responding.

I do not have any of these types of systems. I have two lines coming into
the office, each with a seperate phone. I am looking for a low end solution
here or at least some direction. Thanks for all of your responses.

Bill

"Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:NSJXb.9389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
> call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

could
> call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.
>
> I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
> programming and pc experience.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bill

BMN

Bill it doesn't sound like you either have the budget for a new key system
or the technical expertise to set up an * server.

An alternate solution would be to have your telecommuters numbers setup with
an toll free number.

As for IP telephony you could employ an Internet phone patch or ATA (analog
phone adapter) however you would have to ensure that appropriate bandwidth
is provisioned at your telecommuters locations I.e. broadband connectivity

http://www.pulverinnovations.com/ipp.html
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/as/180/186/

"Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hznYb.12139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry for the delay responding.
>
> I do not have any of these types of systems. I have two lines coming into
> the office, each with a seperate phone. I am looking for a low end

solution
> here or at least some direction. Thanks for all of your responses.
>
> Bill
>
> "Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:NSJXb.9389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our clients
> > call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

> could
> > call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via VoIP.
> >
> > I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
> > programming and pc experience.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bill

Bill Corden

Yes, Thanks. That helped a lot.

Bill

"BMN" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:KBxYb.5536$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Bill it doesn't sound like you either have the budget for a new key system
> or the technical expertise to set up an * server.
>
> An alternate solution would be to have your telecommuters numbers setup

with
> an toll free number.
>
> As for IP telephony you could employ an Internet phone patch or ATA

(analog
> phone adapter) however you would have to ensure that appropriate bandwidth
> is provisioned at your telecommuters locations I.e. broadband connectivity
>
> http://www.pulverinnovations.com/ipp.html
> http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/as/180/186/
>

> "Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hznYb.12139$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Sorry for the delay responding.
> >
> > I do not have any of these types of systems. I have two lines coming

into
> > the office, each with a seperate phone. I am looking for a low end

> solution
> > here or at least some direction. Thanks for all of your responses.
> >
> > Bill
> >
> > "Bill Corden" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:NSJXb.9389$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I have two employees who work from their houses. Currently, our

clients
> > > call their numbers directly to speak to them. I would like it if they

> > could
> > > call to our office and then I could transfer the call to them via

VoIP.

> > > I am a complete novice and no nothing about VoIP, but we have lots of
> > > programming and pc experience.
> > >
> > > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Bill

Dan

Bill .. dear god they sure know how to confuse an easy problem. You
can make them virtual extensions off your PBX using Qtelnet gateways -
total cost to you is like $800.00 . I have install a ton of these ..
they work nicely. All of the features of the PBX are carried through
to the home user using analog feature codes. Here is a diagram
showing how it works :

http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm

Cheers!