Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Mitel 3300 and Cisco netowork best practices...

Mitel 3300 and Cisco netowork best practices...

Williamson, Adam

I'm running a Mitel ICP 3300 with Cisco network gear (switches and routers)
on my LAN. The system works relatively well but has some audio quality
issues. The company that did the integration sent out two bozos to 'prep'
my LAN prior to install but they were unable to complete even the simplest
VLAN configuration. So on the day of install with the help of some friends
we attempted to make some educated guesses and configured the network
ourselves.
What I am looking for is a white paper that breaks down what Mitel
recommends regarding network configuration to support an ICP 3300 and 6500
voice mail system with IP integration. If anyone can point me in the right
direction I will greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Adam

DPGumby

Did you not get a copy of Mitel's engineering guidlines for a 3300 from
whoever sold you the system?

hal@nospam.com

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 22:44:25 -0500, "DPGumby"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Did you not get a copy of Mitel's engineering guidlines for a 3300 from
>whoever sold you the system?

Do you know if this document is available online somewhere? Mitel
does not seem to have much. I am looking into purchasing a 3300 but
would like to eval the docs some first.

thanks

Hal

DPGumby

Try Mitel.com web site. If you can get a copy it gives all the info you
would need.

DPGumby

Try this site

http://www.netcomgroup.com/whitepapers.htm

hal@nospam.com

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 23:15:09 -0500, "DPGumby"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Try this site
>
>http://www.netcomgroup.com/whitepapers.htm

great link.

thanks,

Hal

DPGumby

No problem!

Williamson, Adam

That site had exactly what I was looking for in the "LAN Design Guidelines
for the Implementation of MN3300 Platforms" paper. I really do apreciate
it.

news:cFBYb.5704$(E-Mail Removed).. .