Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Cisco ATA 186

Cisco ATA 186

Ross Woodward

Hi people,

I was wondering if someone could help me before I pull the rest of my
hair out! I've got one of these IP-analog converters, logging into my
Swyx phone system. Outbound calls work ok, however incoming calls ring
differently, and the fax machine thats attached to one of the ports
doesnt recognise the ring

Does anyone know the ring spec for the UK?

Also, whats the latest firmware for this unit and where can I get it
from? im currently running V2.15..

Cheers

Ross

Roman Nikitchenko

Ross Woodward wrote:

> Also, whats the latest firmware for this unit and where can I get it
> from? im currently running V2.15..

v3.0:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801e0994.html

--
Roman Nikitchenko, http://smartgate.wtelecom.net
_,,,_|\_/|_,,,_

Chris Blunt

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:34:51 +0200, Roman Nikitchenko
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Ross Woodward wrote:
>
>> Also, whats the latest firmware for this unit and where can I get it
>> from? im currently running V2.15..
>>

>v3.0:
>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801e0994.html

I don't seem to be able to download the software, even after
registering as a user. Should I expect to be able to?

Chris

Roman Nikitchenko

Chris Blunt wrote:

>>v3.0:
>>http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801e0994.html

> I don't seem to be able to download the software, even after
> registering as a user. Should I expect to be able to?

Contact person sold ATA to you. Usualy new image is not a problem (at
least if this is an official dealer).

As workaround, at least 2.16.2 is more then PUBLIC:
1. Go http://www.filesearch.ru
2. Type "ata18x-" as search string.
3. Enjoy...

--
Roman Nikitchenko, http://smartgate.wtelecom.net
_,,,_|\_/|_,,,_

Dave Farrell

Chris Blunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:34:51 +0200, Roman Nikitchenko
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Ross Woodward wrote:
> >
> >> Also, whats the latest firmware for this unit and where can I get it
> >> from? im currently running V2.15..
> >>

> >v3.0:
> >http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801e0994.html

> I don't seem to be able to download the software, even after
> registering as a user. Should I expect to be able to?
>
> Chris

I can't either! I'd love to be able to enable the new features from
the release document.

Dave

dd

Dave Farrell wrote:
> Chris Blunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:34:51 +0200, Roman Nikitchenko
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> v3.0:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/...0801e0994.html

>> I don't seem to be able to download the software, even
>> after registering as a user. Should I expect to be able
>> to?
>>
>> Chris

> I can't either! I'd love to be able to enable the new
> features from
> the release document.
>
> Dave

Drop me an email rdt at charnham dot co dot uk