Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Cisco ATA186 - Two questions...

Cisco ATA186 - Two questions...

Webmaster

Finally, I was successfull to install, and make working, two ata with
analog phone connected at the voice port.

Now , I want move to the next step... this is the question for you :

Can I connect the ata at the analog port of a pbx for use it like an
extension ?

Can I setup the ata for automatic answering (like when lift the
telephone handset) ?

I would want call the ata from an extension and, then, make an
outgoing call using voip.

Please, excuse me for the orrible english I speak....

Thanks to all for help.

Yehavi Bourvine

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Webmaster) writes:
> Finally, I was successfull to install, and make working, two ata with
> analog phone connected at the voice port.
>
> Now , I want move to the next step... this is the question for you :
>
> Can I connect the ata at the analog port of a pbx for use it like an
> extension ?

No. For this you need an equipment marked as FXO, while the ATA is FXS (can
connect only to handsets).

> Can I setup the ata for automatic answering (like when lift the
> telephone handset) ?

Not as far as I know, but I don't have its guide handy right now.

__Yehavi:

Miguel Cruz

Webmaster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Can I connect the ata at the analog port of a pbx for use it like an
> extension ?

You have to connect it to an analog port that expects to connect to an
outside phone line.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

Webmaster

(E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) wrote in message news:<z3URb.419$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Webmaster <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > Can I connect the ata at the analog port of a pbx for use it like an
> > extension ?

> You have to connect it to an analog port that expects to connect to an
> outside phone line.

Thanks to evrybody.