Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Connect 2 sites VOIP? Point to Point

Connect 2 sites VOIP? Point to Point

Rich

We are attempting to connect a remote location to our main office
(Arizona & Massachusetts) Currently we have a Fractional T1 line
coming into a Telco owned & operated Channel Bank. Our current Phone
system is an Analog Partner system (6 years old). We are going to
order a Point to Point T1 from AZ to MA and can not seem to find a
cost effective voice solution connection the 2 sites. Data network is
an easy solution for us.

We would like to have intercom connection between the 2 sites,
Have the remote site (AZ) pick up from our existing lines at the main
site (MA)
(we are not concerned about local Remote (AZ) phone calls
Have the phone ring on incoming calls at both sites
Transfer calls from site to site

From the beginning, can someone suggest a cost effective solution to
get the 2 sites connected.

Miguel Cruz

Rich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> We are attempting to connect a remote location to our main office (Arizona
> & Massachusetts) Currently we have a Fractional T1 line coming into a
> Telco owned & operated Channel Bank. Our current Phone system is an
> Analog Partner system (6 years old). We are going to order a Point to
> Point T1 from AZ to MA and can not seem to find a cost effective voice
> solution connection the 2 sites. Data network is an easy solution for us.
>
> We would like to have intercom connection between the 2 sites, Have the
> remote site (AZ) pick up from our existing lines at the main site (MA) (we
> are not concerned about local Remote (AZ) phone calls Have the phone ring
> on incoming calls at both sites Transfer calls from site to site
>
> From the beginning, can someone suggest a cost effective solution to
> get the 2 sites connected.

We've done this between DSL-subscribing locations with a pair of ATA-186's
wired into Norstar MICS's. Worked fine. The phone system just thought they
were POTS lines. Bear in mind that each pair only gets you two "lines"
though; if you need more simultaneous paths you need to buy more of them.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

Mike Schumann

Multitech makes VO-IP gateways that are recommended by Avaya for use with
the Partner systems.

Mike Schumann

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> We are attempting to connect a remote location to our main office
> (Arizona & Massachusetts) Currently we have a Fractional T1 line
> coming into a Telco owned & operated Channel Bank. Our current Phone
> system is an Analog Partner system (6 years old). We are going to
> order a Point to Point T1 from AZ to MA and can not seem to find a
> cost effective voice solution connection the 2 sites. Data network is
> an easy solution for us.
>
> We would like to have intercom connection between the 2 sites,
> Have the remote site (AZ) pick up from our existing lines at the main
> site (MA)
> (we are not concerned about local Remote (AZ) phone calls
> Have the phone ring on incoming calls at both sites
> Transfer calls from site to site
>
> From the beginning, can someone suggest a cost effective solution to
> get the 2 sites connected.

Dan

Use QTelNet gateways over Multitech .. they are half the cost and you
dont need a static IP

"Mike Schumann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<400ed8cc$0$438$(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> Multitech makes VO-IP gateways that are recommended by Avaya for use with
> the Partner systems.
>
> Mike Schumann
>
> "Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > We are attempting to connect a remote location to our main office
> > (Arizona & Massachusetts) Currently we have a Fractional T1 line
> > coming into a Telco owned & operated Channel Bank. Our current Phone
> > system is an Analog Partner system (6 years old). We are going to
> > order a Point to Point T1 from AZ to MA and can not seem to find a
> > cost effective voice solution connection the 2 sites. Data network is
> > an easy solution for us.
> >
> > We would like to have intercom connection between the 2 sites,
> > Have the remote site (AZ) pick up from our existing lines at the main
> > site (MA)
> > (we are not concerned about local Remote (AZ) phone calls
> > Have the phone ring on incoming calls at both sites
> > Transfer calls from site to site
> >
> > From the beginning, can someone suggest a cost effective solution to
> > get the 2 sites connected.

Rich,
If you're still looking, call me.

--
Randall Cohen
Sr. Systems Engineer

news:(E-Mail Removed) om...

Sites about web-sites ? Jasbird HTML 1 09-28-2006 06:21 PM
How do prevent sites to be loaded in other sites frames? Stefan Caliandro HTML 2 02-14-2005 06:05 PM
ISO: Web sites for images (pay sites preferred) Kevin Buchan ASP .Net 1 02-20-2004 09:34 AM

Advertisments