Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Home office call transfer to Voip

Home office call transfer to Voip

Do not

I'm not sure about the jargon/terms used but what type of equipment Ido I need
for this:
I receive work related call to my regular phone. I often need to receive the call
to my vacation home. Both places have have a DSL connection. Now I'm doing just
regular call transfer which costs a lot.
I'd like to use VoIP instead.
What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

Do not

Do not <(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:

>I'm not sure about the jargon/terms used but what type of equipment Ido I need
>for this:
>I receive work related call to my regular phone. I often need to receive the call
>to my vacation home. Both places have have a DSL connection. Now I'm doing just
>regular call transfer which costs a lot.
>I'd like to use VoIP instead.
>What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

(Answering myself)
I looks like need something like or CISCO ATA 186.

Does it work with in Europe? I need a poer transformer of course but are there
any issues with telephone signals etc.

What about the software. What kind of sofware I need?

Joe

I am not familiar with ATA186.
I bought 2 of Webswitch 100 P4 from Ebay,which supports H.323.One of mine
works behind the router,and I just set DMZ to Webswitch 100 P4 except TELNET
port.If your ip is static,you can bind the ip with the Phonenumber you would
define.otherwise you would need a gatekeeper.

"Do not" <(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do not <(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure about the jargon/terms used but what type of equipment Ido I

need
> >for this:
> >I receive work related call to my regular phone. I often need to receive

the call
> >to my vacation home. Both places have have a DSL connection. Now I'm

doing just
> >regular call transfer which costs a lot.
> >I'd like to use VoIP instead.
> >What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

> (Answering myself)
> I looks like need something like or CISCO ATA 186.
>
> Does it work with in Europe? I need a poer transformer of course but are

there
> any issues with telephone signals etc.
>
> What about the software. What kind of sofware I need?

Hank Karl

At your home office, you need something like an ATA 186 or SIPURA 200
and a device to connect it to the phone line, like the "internet phone
patch" at http://www.pulverinnovations.com/. At the vacation home,
you'll need a SIP phone or softphone.

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:41:52 +0200, Do not
<(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:

>Do not <(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure about the jargon/terms used but what type of equipment Ido I need
>>for this:
>>I receive work related call to my regular phone. I often need to receive the call
>>to my vacation home. Both places have have a DSL connection. Now I'm doing just
>>regular call transfer which costs a lot.
>>I'd like to use VoIP instead.
>>What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

>(Answering myself)
>I looks like need something like or CISCO ATA 186.
>
>Does it work with in Europe? I need a poer transformer of course but are there
>any issues with telephone signals etc.
>
>What about the software. What kind of sofware I need?

Dan

Look at Qtelnet (http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm) for the
solution that you require. I have set up many of these and work like a
charm with high quality voice.

"Hank Karl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> At your home office, you need something like an ATA 186 or SIPURA 200
> and a device to connect it to the phone line, like the "internet phone
> patch" at http://www.pulverinnovations.com/. At the vacation home,
> you'll need a SIP phone or softphone.
>
> On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 10:41:52 +0200, Do not
> <(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:
>
> >Do not <(E-Mail Removed)_avaoiding_spam.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I'm not sure about the jargon/terms used but what type of equipment Ido

I need
> >>for this:
> >>I receive work related call to my regular phone. I often need to receive

the call
> >>to my vacation home. Both places have have a DSL connection. Now I'm

doing just
> >>regular call transfer which costs a lot.
> >>I'd like to use VoIP instead.
> >>What sort of equipment I need? I'm running Windows 2000 (98 is OK too).

> >(Answering myself)
> >I looks like need something like or CISCO ATA 186.
> >
> >Does it work with in Europe? I need a poer transformer of course but are

there
> >any issues with telephone signals etc.
> >
> >What about the software. What kind of sofware I need?

Do not

Thanks everyone for replying.

Anyone know a www site where to buy Sipura or other models in Germany?

"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Look at Qtelnet (http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm) for the
>solution that you require. I have set up many of these and work like a
>charm with high quality voice.
>
>"Hank Karl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>> At your home office, you need something like an ATA 186 or SIPURA 200
>> and a device to connect it to the phone line, like the "internet phone
>> patch" at http://www.pulverinnovations.com/. At the vacation home,
>> you'll need a SIP phone or softphone.

Stuart Friedman

Works fine in Europe. My biz. partner lives in London and we talk VOIP
daily. I've taken an ATA with me to Austria when I was there on business
and had a room with Broadband. It worked great.

If you use an ATA abroad, make sure the phone you use with it is American
spec. Different countries use different resistances and ringing signals.
It is easier to take a cheap phone with you than to hope the signal is
compatible.

Stu

"Stuart Friedman" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Works fine in Europe. My biz. partner lives in London and we talk VOIP
>daily. I've taken an ATA with me to Austria when I was there on business
>and had a room with Broadband. It worked great.
>
>If you use an ATA abroad, make sure the phone you use with it is American
>spec. Different countries use different resistances and ringing signals.
>It is easier to take a cheap phone with you than to hope the signal is
>compatible.
>
>Stu

Thank for the info. I was thinking of using and Laptop to receive the calls.

Do not

Hank Karl <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>At your home office, you need something like an ATA 186 or SIPURA 200
>and a device to connect it to the phone line, like the "internet phone
>patch" at http://www.pulverinnovations.com/. At the vacation home,
>you'll need a SIP phone or softphone.

I emailed them - no reply. They don't seem to be interested in selling their
stuff.

Do not

"Dan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Look at Qtelnet (http://www.qtelnet.com/products-index9.htm) for the
>solution that you require. I have set up many of these and work like a
>charm with high quality voice.

I emailed them also. No reply to a direct order. Oh boy. This is getting
difficult.