Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > SIP image for ATA-186

SIP image for ATA-186

Chris Blunt

I understand that in order to use a Cisco ATA-186 on Free World
Direct, I need to download the SIP image to the adapter.

Where would I be able to find this, and how do I download it to the
ATA-186?

I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD website.

Chris

dd

Chris Blunt wrote:
> I understand that in order to use a Cisco ATA-186 on Free
> World Direct, I need to download the SIP image to the
> adapter.
>
> Where would I be able to find this, and how do I download
> it to the ATA-186?
>
> I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD
> website.
>
> Chris

Have a look at

http://tinyurl.com/2u6bn

IConnectHere provide a SIP image for the ATA186. Most likely for people who
intend to subscribe to them. It can be accessed publicly though. Make sure you
know what you're doing though cos I don't think it's easy to change between
images as they aren't easily available for everyone.

Chris Blunt

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 19:32:12 -0000, "dd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Chris Blunt wrote:
>> I understand that in order to use a Cisco ATA-186 on Free
>> World Direct, I need to download the SIP image to the
>> adapter.
>>
>> Where would I be able to find this, and how do I download
>> it to the ATA-186?
>>
>> I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD
>> website.
>>
>> Chris

>Have a look at
>
>http://tinyurl.com/2u6bn
>
>IConnectHere provide a SIP image for the ATA186. Most likely for people who
>intend to subscribe to them. It can be accessed publicly though. Make sure you
>know what you're doing though cos I don't think it's easy to change between
>images as they aren't easily available for everyone.

That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
different things here?

Miguel Cruz

Chris Blunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
> image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
> different things here?

The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

miguel
--
Hundreds of travel photos from around the world: http://travel.u.nu/

SPD

You can also get the software and users guide from
Cisco's site if you have access. Using the IVR
function in the ATA from a telphone set attached to
the unit you can configure it.

-Steve

Chris Blunt wrote:
> I understand that in order to use a Cisco ATA-186 on Free World
> Direct, I need to download the SIP image to the adapter.
>
> Where would I be able to find this, and how do I download it to the
> ATA-186?
>
> I can't find the answer to this anywhere on the FWD website.
>
> Chris

Chris Blunt

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

>Chris Blunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
>> image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
>> different things here?

>The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides tell you to
configure certain parameters which don't seem to appear in the config
menu of my ATA-186.

eg
Set UID0 to your FWD account's FWD number (e.g. 16000).
Set PWD0 to your FWD account's password.
Set GkOrProxy to fwd.pulver.com
Set UseSIP to 1
Set SipPort to 5060
Set SIPRegInterval to 3500
Set SipRegOn to 1
Set outbound proxy to fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

None of these appear in my ATA-186, which has firmware v2.16.1.ms
installed.

Chris

SPD

Chris Blunt wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) wrote:
>

>>Chris Blunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware. Is a 'SIP
>>>image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we talking about two quite
>>>different things here?

>>The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides tell you to
> configure certain parameters which don't seem to appear in the config
> menu of my ATA-186.
>
> eg
> Set UID0 to your FWD account's FWD number (e.g. 16000).

- User ID for line 1 (rj11 jack 1)
> Set PWD0 to your FWD account's password.

- Password for line 1 (these assume authentication is enabled)
> Set GkOrProxy to fwd.pulver.com

- this is the address or SRV record for the proxy with with
you want to register.
> Set UseSIP to 1

- pretty clear
> Set SipPort to 5060

- also clear
> Set SIPRegInterval to 3500

- registration timer
> Set SipRegOn to 1

- tells ata to attempt to register to server listed above
> Set outbound proxy to fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

- proxy address for outbound calling.

> None of these appear in my ATA-186, which has firmware v2.16.1.ms
> installed.

- did you look at the ata using a web browser?
<ata ip address>/dev. Connect to this address, sign in then
you should see these and other parameters.
> Chris

-Steve

dd

Chris Blunt wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Miguel
> Cruz) wrote:
>
>> Chris Blunt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> That article seems to describe upgrading the firmware.
>>> Is a 'SIP image' synonymous with 'firmware', or are we
>>> talking about two quite different things here?

>> The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP
>> capability.

> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides
> tell you to configure certain parameters which don't seem
> to appear in the config menu of my ATA-186.

The configuration options available are different depending on which firmware
version you have. So if you haven't change to the SIP firmware then you won't
have the right options available.

I have the same firmware version as you on my BT Broadband Voice provided
adapter which is MGCP and not SIP.

Chris Blunt

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:02:26 -0500, SPD <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Chris Blunt wrote:

>>>The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP capability.

>> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides tell you to
>> configure certain parameters which don't seem to appear in the config
>> menu of my ATA-186.
>>
>> eg
>> Set UID0 to your FWD account's FWD number (e.g. 16000).

>- User ID for line 1 (rj11 jack 1)
>> Set PWD0 to your FWD account's password.

>- Password for line 1 (these assume authentication is enabled)
>> Set GkOrProxy to fwd.pulver.com

>- this is the address or SRV record for the proxy with with
> you want to register.
>> Set UseSIP to 1

>- pretty clear
>> Set SipPort to 5060

>- also clear
>> Set SIPRegInterval to 3500

>- registration timer
>> Set SipRegOn to 1

>- tells ata to attempt to register to server listed above
>> Set outbound proxy to fwdnat.pulver.com:5082

>- proxy address for outbound calling.
>>
>> None of these appear in my ATA-186, which has firmware v2.16.1.ms
>> installed.
>>

>- did you look at the ata using a web browser?
><ata ip address>/dev. Connect to this address, sign in then
>you should see these and other parameters.

I am looking at the ATA via a web browser, but don't have any of those
parameters. I have CA0UID, which could correspond to UID0, but most of
the others don't match with any that appear on my unit.

Chris

Chris Blunt

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 18:16:24 -0000, "dd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Chris Blunt wrote:
>> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:58:50 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Miguel
>> Cruz) wrote:

>>> The former - it's a firmware image that provides SIP
>>> capability.

>> Thanks Miguel. I'm a bit confused because the FWD guides
>> tell you to configure certain parameters which don't seem
>> to appear in the config menu of my ATA-186.

>The configuration options available are different depending on which firmware
>version you have. So if you haven't change to the SIP firmware then you won't
>have the right options available.

Do you know where I could get the SIP firmware?