Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Cisco Extension Mobility - Application needed to login via PC

Cisco Extension Mobility - Application needed to login via PC

James550

Anyone know of an api or other programming means that will allow you
to login to your IP Phone via a pop-up in windows? Any help with this
would be much appreciated.

Axel Schemberg

Hi James,

that is no problem.
You can use HTTP as API for EM. Have a look for sampleloginapp.asp on
Callmanager. You have to set proxy-rights for the user and a
XML-formated query-string.

Have a nice day

Axel

p.s. we are using that for more than 500 users! Just an html-page to login.

--
Axel Schemberg, Duessldorf (Germany)

.... fuer Netzwerkversteher: http://www.pcnetzwerke.de

James550

Thanks for the Info. I looked into what you'd mentioned and that is
helpful. One problem I ran into was the fact that this login method
wants a devicename which looks to be based on the Device Name. It
seems to me that it's wanting to have the Device Name associated w/a
User Profile. But how would you make it so that regardless of what
station you logged into, it would log into the phone at that station?
It may be completely obvious and easy, but I am just missing it! I
can enter info into the samplelogin.asp file and log into any phone
based on the Device Name, but I just want people to enter their User
Name and PW. And I don't want a specific device associated w/that
info. That would somewhat defeat the purpose of Extension Mobility.
Thanks!

Axel Schemberg

James550 schrieb:
> Thanks for the Info. I looked into what you'd mentioned and that is
> helpful. One problem I ran into was the fact that this login method
> wants a devicename which looks to be based on the Device Name. It

Yes, you have to know the DeviceName. I think there are more possibilies
to find out what the correct DeviceName is.
Our users normaly login to the same phone every day. We don't use EM for
Mobility, we use it for security reasons, so this is easy to solve:
They once enter it into a webform, from which a htm-file is generated.

I think there is an example-script where you can lookup an device name,
with a given extension.

Bye

Axel

--
Axel Schemberg, Duessldorf (Germany)

.... fuer Netzwerkversteher: http://www.pcnetzwerke.de

tidnab3 tidnab3 is offline
Junior Member

Will Extension Mobility work between Call Managers? I have CMs in KY and CA for example.