Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Recovery on timer expiry (102)

Recovery on timer expiry (102)

Hamed

Hi,

I'm getting "recovery on timer expiry" errors on outgoing calls from an
AS5300 running 12.2(6h) IOS on a NET-5 PRI ISDN line.
The calls are destined to mobile phones. A look at the "debug isdn q931"
output reveals that the error is always generated exactly 60 seconds after
the
CALL_PROC. A look at "show isdn timers" reveals that *none* of the ISDN
layer
2 or layer 3 timers is set to 60 seconds. The only timers that can actualy
be
changed (as far as I can see) are T310 and T306, the only relevant timer in
this situation is T310. I've tried setting it to 120 seconds (it was set to
40
seconds), but the recovery on timer expiry still appears exactly 60 seconds
after the CALL_PROC. I'm trying to find out which Q.931 timer is by default
or
by standard set to 60 seconds to be able to further debug this.

The only relevant page on www.cisco.com that I was able to find did not
really
help me in this situation (as I said, changing T310 does not help and I
already have "isdn sending-complete" configured):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk65...note09186a0080
094487.shtml

Here's what my "show isdn timers" has to say:

ISDN Serial2:15 Timers (dsl 2) Switchtype = primary-net5
ISDN Layer 2 values
K = 7 outstanding I-frames
N200 = 3 max number of retransmits
T200 = 1.000 seconds
T202 = 2.000 seconds
T203 = 10.000 seconds
ISDN Layer 3 values
T303 = 4.000 seconds
T304 = 30.000 seconds
T305 = 30.000 seconds
T306 = 30.000 seconds
T307 = 180.000 seconds
T308 = 4.000 seconds
T309 Disabled
T310 = 40.000 seconds
T313 = 4.000 seconds
T316 = 120.000 seconds
T318 = 4.000 seconds
T319 = 4.000 seconds
T322 = 4.000 seconds
T3OOS = 5.000 seconds
TGUARD= 8.000 seconds, Expiry = REJECT_CALL

Thank in advance for any help you can offer.

Phil McKerracher

"Hamed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:3ff179b9$0$15336$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I'm getting "recovery on timer expiry" errors on outgoing calls from an
> AS5300 running 12.2(6h) IOS on a NET-5 PRI ISDN line.
> The calls are destined to mobile phones. A look at the "debug isdn q931"
> output reveals that the error is always generated exactly 60 seconds after

the
> CALL_PROC. A look at "show isdn timers" reveals that *none* of the ISDN

layer
> 2 or layer 3 timers is set to 60 seconds...

I don't know about this particular bit of kit, but in my experience it is
common for applications external to the ISDN protocol stack to generate a
timeout in this situation (also after receiving an ALERTING). 60s is a
common value.

It's also possible that the network is giving up and clearing the call, but
in this situation the timeout is typically longer than 60s.

--
Phil McKerracher
www.mckerracher.org

VoIPCheap/Stunt/SIPDiscount/Et.al - Mobile - Top-up Expiry Period -- Campaign for Correct Expiry Period on Finarea VOIP Service Mobile Top-Ups News Reader UK VOIP 16 06-26-2006 05:03 PM
Recovery on Timer Expiry (ISDN Cause 102) Younus Cisco 0 12-14-2005 05:25 PM
Recovery on Timer Expiry (ISDN Cause 102) Younus VOIP 0 12-14-2005 05:19 PM
recovery on timer expiry Hernan Cisco 0 01-08-2004 07:23 PM
Recovery on timer expiry Hamed Cisco 0 12-30-2003 11:41 AM

Advertisments