Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Using Unimodem Full Duplex Audio Device for VOIP

Using Unimodem Full Duplex Audio Device for VOIP

I have an "HSP56 MR" modem on my XP machine. When setting up the
playback and record options in VOIP software I have "Modem #0 Handset
Playback" as a playback device choice, and "Modem #0 Handset Record"
as record device choice.

However, when I choose "Test Hardware" with these devices selected, it
responds that the sound hardware cannot play sounds. I have a
standard wired phone attached.

I haven't been able to find info regarding this on the web. This
appears like a way to use existing handsets for VOIP calls - unless I
am missing something...

Is this even possible?

Thanks a lot,