Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > AS5300 to provide ring-back tone

AS5300 to provide ring-back tone

Shibumi

Hello,

I am trying to setup the AS5300 to provide ringback tone to a caller,
because the caller is a machine which waits for a ringback tone before call
setup. This machine will call a PRI which is connected to AS5300, and will
wait for a ring back tone complete call setup. I wrote a dial-peer for this,
also tcl application is being run on 5300 for authentication under the dial
peer, application provides the dial tone or reject message upon the
authentication process. The problem is i cant manage to send a ringback tone
to the caller machine, alternatively maybe the calling machine can get a
ringback tone from national telecom if the 5300 dosent answer to caller for
a period of time.

Really stuck with this one, i ll appreciate any help.

Thanks and Regards.

Alex

Are you using MGCP?

I remember an IOS command used to configure ringback tone - tone
ringback - in connection with the ringback tone.

Also, you could try posting to comp.dcom.sys.cisco