Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > CISCO ATA 186 and 188

CISCO ATA 186 and 188

Antonio

Hello! Can someone tell me if it is possible to route a call with 2
atas?

Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?

Thansk

shido

Yes, this can be done quite easily with Asterisk

Both ata's would register to 1 Asterisk server and you can dial an extension
to ring the other ata. You can even have voicemail or call the PSTN

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network

news:(E-Mail Removed) m...

chris@nospam.com

On 24 Oct 2003 15:47:47 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Antonio) wrote:

>Hello! Can someone tell me if it is possible to route a call with 2
>atas?
>
>Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
>work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
>home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?
>
>Thansk

How are you proposing to hook these up? The ATAs are FXS ports,
meaning you can only hook a phone to them (not a phone line from a PBX
or telco).

-Chris

Miguel Cruz

Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> (E-Mail Removed) (Antonio) wrote:
>> Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
>> work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
>> home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?

> How are you proposing to hook these up? The ATAs are FXS ports,
> meaning you can only hook a phone to them (not a phone line from a PBX
> or telco).

You can connect them to the PBX ports that would ordinarily be connected to
outside lines.

miguel
--
Gator is spyware!

chris@nospam.com

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:36:32 GMT, (E-Mail Removed) (Miguel Cruz) wrote:

>Chris <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> (E-Mail Removed) (Antonio) wrote:
>>> Example: I wanna connect one device to my home pbx and the other to my
>>> work pbx, i have adsl on both locations. When someone calls me at my
>>> home cisco will be able to route this call to my work?

>> How are you proposing to hook these up? The ATAs are FXS ports,
>> meaning you can only hook a phone to them (not a phone line from a PBX
>> or telco).

>You can connect them to the PBX ports that would ordinarily be connected to
>outside lines.
>
>miguel

If the PBXs in question have FXO ports then this could be setup.

You'd still have to work out the dialing aspect. I think you can
setup the dialstring on the ATA to automatically dial when it goes off
hook (ie PLAR). Been awhile since I messed with the dial string and
the syntax was very awkward.

shido

Have your phones register with Asterisk and when 1 phone rings you can ring
the other after so many seconds or ring them both plus a cell phone at the
same time if you want. Whichever picks up completes the call and ends the
others ringing. If you missed it it can dump them into voicemail and when
you check your email in a few minutes you'll get the message.

Is this what you're looking for?
--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network

Cisco 186/188 ATA Sean UK VOIP 0 05-08-2006 09:01 PM
DECT handsets with Call Manager 4.0 and an ATA 188 N03L Cisco 0 02-08-2006 09:47 AM
ATA 188 compatible DECT phones N03L Cisco 0 02-06-2006 04:34 PM
Comunications ATA 186 to ATA 186 (without any gatekeeper or CallManager) SoGo VOIP 1 03-12-2005 07:39 AM
Cisco ATA 186 and Faxing maxi@falkirkreserve-nospam.com VOIP 4 11-18-2004 02:55 AM

Advertisments