Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Voice Over IP Computer Software

Voice Over IP Computer Software

R Doornbosch

Was wondering if anybody can make a recommendation for voice over IP
computer software? Is their web site where I can do research on several
different products at once the Company currently has just under two dozen
users scattered over a 4000 sqr Km area and we would like to use voice over
IP software if available. What should I be looking at or woodshed looking
for.

THANKS in advance.

shido

What else are you looking to do?

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network
"R Doornbosch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Was wondering if anybody can make a recommendation for voice over IP
> computer software? Is their web site where I can do research on several
> different products at once the Company currently has just under two dozen
> users scattered over a 4000 sqr Km area and we would like to use voice

over
> IP software if available. What should I be looking at or woodshed looking
> for.
>
> THANKS in advance.

R Doornbosch

We currently have a VPN connection at all of our locations but it would be
nice to transfer files and share a few other things, however I'm mostly
interested in just the Voice over IP so that when team members are
collaborating they aren't billing up hours of phone time all at once. Now
that I think about it, is it possible to conference? Basically this would
just be computer to computer over DSL.

shido

Yes you can use this VPN to talk to whoever is on it that has a softphone,
ip phone or regular phone. Yes you can conference and have multiple
conference rooms. Please send me your requirements or give me a call.

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network
519-251-8225 x 3000
IM: (E-Mail Removed)

"R Doornbosch" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We currently have a VPN connection at all of our locations but it would be
> nice to transfer files and share a few other things, however I'm mostly
> interested in just the Voice over IP so that when team members are
> collaborating they aren't billing up hours of phone time all at once. Now
> that I think about it, is it possible to conference? Basically this would
> just be computer to computer over DSL.

Pete

You may also want to look at differnet media gateways that are on the market
so that your users do not have to depend on a PC to communicate. Ive used
the QTelNet (www.qtelnet.com) FXO/FXS gateways a few times for clients that
have VPNs. They work nice and dont require any other hardware to do the
netwrok translation.