Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Store and Forward Fax via H323

Store and Forward Fax via H323

Cliff Campbell

Okay, I recently purchased a VCware board to do T.37 Store and Forward
Faxing. It's working great for POTS lines, (dial-peers 1 & 2899) but I
would prefer to have the inbound gateway be an H323 gateway instead of a
T1/PRI. This is an integration with a Cisco CallManager(3.3(3)sr1),
currently using a 6608 port set to network and a T1 crossover to interface
with an AS5300(IOS 12.3(3) w/ 11.32 VCware).

Now I've managed to set up a functioning h323 gateway connection between CCM
and the AS5300. I cannot get the app_faxmail_onramp tcl script to work when
receiving an inbound connection from the H323 gateway only T1/PRI. I'm
confident that I've setup the H323 gateway correctly, because Ciscos
app_fax_detect works going through both the H323 gateway (dial-peer 289
and POTS (dial-peer 2897) gateway (I hear it tell me "press one for voice,
or start fax"). When I press a button two very different things happen.
When I hit a button dialing in from the POTS, I get fax tone. When I hit a
button coming in on the H323 gateway I get nothing. Both times though,
debug dialpeer shows a match on dial peer 2897 and 2898, respectivly. I've
also tried dial-peer two running the onramp-app that works well for my pots
(dial-peer 2899) line and the T.38/T.37 fax rollover script with no success.
Even relevant debug commands to run would be helpful.

Hope someone can help.
Cliff

voice service voip
fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
h323
ras rrq dynamic prefixes
modem passthrough nse codec g711ulaw
!
voice class codec 1
codec preference 1 g711ulaw
!
voice class h323 1
h225 timeout tcp establish 3
call start slow
call application voice onramp-app flash:app_faxmail_onramp.tcl
!
call application voice fax-detect flash:app_fax_detect.2.1.2.2.tcl
call application voice fax-detect mode default-fax
call application voice fax-detect prompt flash:en_default_fax.au
!
call application voice rollover flash:fax_rollover_on_busy.2.0.0.tcl

Dial Peers are:
dial-peer voice 1 pots
application onramp-app
incoming called-number 2899
information-type fax
direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
application fax-detect
incoming called-number 2898
voice-class h323 1
session target ipv4:10.199.0.10
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
fax-relay ecm disable
fax protocol pass-through g711ulaw
no vad
!
dial-peer voice 2899 mmoip
application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
destination-pattern 2899
information-type fax
session target (E-Mail Removed)
!
dial-peer voice 2898 mmoip
application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
destination-pattern 2898
information-type fax
session target (E-Mail Removed)
!
dial-peer voice 3 pots
application fax-detect
incoming called-number 2897
direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 2897 mmoip
application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
destination-pattern 2897