Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > 7905 (h.323) without cisco CM but with GK

7905 (h.323) without cisco CM but with GK

Alberto

I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
possible?

shido

You may want to look into using Asterisk for your application.
http://www.asterisk.org

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network

"Alberto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> possible?

Arnold Ligtvoet

Alberto wrote:
> I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> possible?

AFAIK the Cisco phones will only work with Cisco equipment and not
'standard' H.323 gateways. If you don't want to use Callmanager have a
look at ITS, it is an extension to IOS on Cisco gateways and their
phones are able to connect to it.

Arnold

shido

We have all of our Cisco Phones using Asterisk but we have them using SIP or
skinny.

--
Greg Merriweather
The NuFone Network

"Arnold Ligtvoet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alberto wrote:
> > I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> > without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> > possible?

> AFAIK the Cisco phones will only work with Cisco equipment and not
> 'standard' H.323 gateways. If you don't want to use Callmanager have a
> look at ITS, it is an extension to IOS on Cisco gateways and their
> phones are able to connect to it.
>
> Arnold

Alberto

"shido" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<ZqBjb.9718$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> We have all of our Cisco Phones using Asterisk but we have them using SIP or
> skinny.
>
> --
> Greg Merriweather
> The NuFone Network
> (E-Mail Removed)
> 519-251-8225 x 3000
> IM: (E-Mail Removed)
>

> "Arnold Ligtvoet" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Alberto wrote:
> > > I have not the cisco Call Manager. Is it possible that de 7905G works
> > > without CM? I want to use the 7905G with a H.323 Gatekeeper, it is
> > > possible?

> > AFAIK the Cisco phones will only work with Cisco equipment and not
> > 'standard' H.323 gateways. If you don't want to use Callmanager have a
> > look at ITS, it is an extension to IOS on Cisco gateways and their
> > phones are able to connect to it.
> >
> > Arnold

Thanks to all.

cisco 7920 & 7905 Athan Cisco 0 02-05-2007 04:42 PM
Phone Firmware (7905 Load) does not show up in CallManager Express TexasMirty@gmail.com Cisco 2 05-01-2006 04:06 PM
SCCP dictionary for 7905/7912 majortom Cisco 0 08-13-2004 12:58 PM
Cisco 7905 IP Phone restart - Problem layer3 Cisco 3 02-25-2004 02:39 AM
Cisco 7905 restarting - problem layer3 VOIP 0 10-17-2003 11:11 AM

Advertisments