Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > VOIP > Asterisk ** Adtran 750, 5xQuad FXS, 1xQuad FXO, Pentium 500MHz, 10GB hard Drive, 384MB RAM..Will that do?

Asterisk ** Adtran 750, 5xQuad FXS, 1xQuad FXO, Pentium 500MHz, 10GB hard Drive, 384MB RAM..Will that do?

asterisk_effort

Hello Everyone,

I have been thinking about starting Asterisk efforts for quite some
time. Finally I got myself into it. Just received a T100P from Digium
and I had already secured an Adtran 750TA with FXS and FXO cards.

My Goal:
Create a PBX based on Asterisk and Digium hardware with following
configuration:

4 FXO (now)
20 FXS (now)
IAX connectivity to other Asterisks outside (Future)
VoIP explorations (Future)

My hardware configuration:

Adtran 750 TA with 1-Quad FXO and 5-Quad FXS.
Digium T100P.
Pentium 500 MHz 10 GB hard-drive.
384MB RAM.
2-Network interface cards.
CD-ROM/FLOPPY.
Total of 4 PCI slots.(2 available)

I suppose this is enough to get me a world class PBX ????? Any
thoughts?
I have been reading a lot of posts and messages and this seems to be
very popular configuration amongst the Asterisk users. So to all of
you out there, who have gone through similar set-up, please help me
get started.
There is a lot that can be done with Asterisk & I am willing to
explore all the features but I need basic help to get started and to
boost my confidence in Asterisk.

Assuming minimal familiarity with Linux and almost no familiarity with
Asterisk, is there a step-by-step guide for the discussed
configurations. If there is no documentation already, i would love to
create one once I am all installed and ready.

Please share any supporting literature (such as a set of .config
files) for the purpose with me. You can email me directly at
"(E-Mail Removed)" (yes that is a real address but fools the
spammers, I hope

Thanks a lot in advance and I look forward to hearing from all of you.
Once I am all set-up, as promised earlier, I will create a
step-by-step (starting form linux installation) guide for future
starters. If there is any such guide already out there, please share
it with me.

Ricky

asterisk_effort

Greetings everyone.

Finally I got everything installed. I connected a phone (instrument)
to one of the channels but there is no dialtone. Anyone want to share
their .conf files. I would really appreciate any help that I can get.
I also want to know if there is a simple "hello world" test procedure
to know if T100P and Adtran 750 (in my setup) are working alright.
Thanks everyone for your responses.

Regards,
Ricky

asterisk_effort

Greetings everyone.

Finally I got everything installed. I connected a phone (instrument)
to one of the channels but there is no dialtone. Anyone want to share
their .conf files. I would really appreciate any help that I can get.
I also want to know if there is a simple "hello world" test procedure
to know if T100P and Adtran 750 (in my setup) are working alright.
Thanks everyone for your responses.

Regards,
Ricky

TC

> I also want to know if there is a simple "hello world" test procedure
> to know if T100P and Adtran 750 (in my setup) are working alright.
> Thanks everyone for your responses.

come join #asterisk on irc & we can walk you over the config ****ing
around with emails
is not usually productive unless you have a single clear stated issue